Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparky from Detriot. Been playing just over ten years. 49 years young. Wish I would have started when I was 10 but it is, what it is....LOL. Big John Bonham / Led Zep fan. Love the Drums, all kinds. I have a Pearl Export six piece, bought an extra floor tom. DW5000 Pedal. Also have a Yamaha DTXPress IV also with DW5000. Play single bass pedal. K/Z Hats. Zildjian Custom A Cymbals. Glad to be here. I will ask a lot of questions. And I'm not a very good speller...Cool I see they have spell check.
Thanks, for your time.
Sparky

Re: NEWBIE

Welcome! This is a great place to ask questions. And since you've been playing over 10 years and there's folks like me who just started a little over a month ago, we may be asking questions of you too :) And don't feel bad, I'm 43 and just starting out so there are several of us "late bloomers" around, too.

Glad to have you!

Hi I'm Gary

Hi all

My name is Gary. I live in Liverpool where I'm currently studying music in LIPA. I've been playing drums for over six years. It's good to see such an active drummers community such as this one. Look forward to chatting on the forums.

Have a great day!

Gary

Hi my name is Tim

I am a wheelchair bound man who studied percussion as a teenager from one of the finest jazz drummers who recently passed away...It's been over twenty years since I picked up a stick but I've acquired a new kit and I have rediscovered the passion for playing. I hope the spirit of my former teacher is watching over me....

Re: Hi my name is Tim

Welcome to Drummerworld. We wanna see photo's of your kit ... kinda like crows ... we love eye candy ...

Re: Hey, I'm new here!

I'm not quite sure what a cymbal rivet is though I've heard of them.
Yes, I know Dream Theater! They have some cool stuff and Mike Portnoy always kills it.

Welcome to the forum.

Don't be discouraged to find you have much to learn. This is a good place to do just that.

Fox made some good points. In your videos, you're all over the place. There isn't any groove or sense of steady time to any of it. Honestly, it was a bit much to take.

Slowing things down to a manageable tempo and using a metronome are going to help a lot.

I realize you're in the middle-of-nowhere Minnesota but I would highly recommend you try to find a good teacher in your area. Surely a local music store would be able to point you in the right direction. A teacher will really help you learn about playing solid time, using dynamics, how to tune your drums, etc.

George from Bahamas....

Hello every im George and I am from the Bahamas.

real name? George Bodie
age? 24
how long been playing? off and on since i was like 14 but i sucked just started taking lessons about a month ago.
origin of user name? my xboxlive tag
top 5 drummers? tony royster jr so far i dont kno very many others like that
make of drumkit? dont have one yet but im thinking about the Gretch catlina birch
make of cymbal? sabian
where do you practice? on my couch for now
are you in a band/s? nope
covers or originals? covers largerly in part to rock band
what style of music? alternative, church, r&b
favourite take out food? chinese
country? The Bahamas
one really odd fact about yourself? i love anime
how did you start drumming? always was fascinated by it...seeing fall out boy in concert pushed me over the edge

New to the site

My names dylan
i live in NC
been playing drums for almost 4 years now

i have a 1977 tama superstar
14in rack
16in 18in floor
22x18in bass drum

zil A custom
16in med crash
18in projection crash
20in ping ride
18in wuhan china

12in A recording hi-hats

Welcome to the forum.

Don't be discouraged to find you have much to learn. This is a good place to do just that.

Fox made some good points. In your videos, you're all over the place. There isn't any groove or sense of steady time to any of it. Honestly, it was a bit much to take.

Slowing things down to a manageable tempo and using a metronome are going to help a lot.

I realize you're in the middle-of-nowhere Minnesota but I would highly recommend you try to find a good teacher in your area. Surely a local music store would be able to point you in the right direction. A teacher will really help you learn about playing solid time, using dynamics, how to tune your drums, etc.

Yeah, a good teacher would help. But, I assure you I can keep time. In the video I was attempting to do something, and it threw the time off. I swear there is just something about filming -- I usually suck a lot more in videos. But, nevertheless, yes; I know I have much to learn.

Hello from Louisiana.

Hey everybody. This is my first post here.

I'm Troy, from Mandeville, Louisiana. I've been playing drums since I was 14 years old (almost 34 now.)

I just ordered the PDP X7 in Black on Black Pearlescent, with an extra kick drum to go with it. Hoping to receive it by this weekend! I'm super excited because this is literally the first new drum set I've ever owned. I've had the same Tama Rockstar kit since I was about 15 or so and this thing has been to hell and back. It has been refinished TWICE.

During the 90's we had what is referred to as the "May Flood" and my drum set was submerged in water for about a day. And you would think it would be utterly useless at that point. Well, I refuse to accept defeat as an option! So in order to salvage it, I stripped off all the hardware, removed the laminate and get this. UPHOLSTERED the set. That's right. I bought foam, fabric, upholstery pins and the works. It stayed like that for years. It sounded like crap of course, but I didn't care. My band of 7 years had split up and I wasn't playing them much anyways.

Then Hurricane Katrina happened, and my drums were then submerged for weeks.
Surely, this must be the end for them, yeah? No!

Once again, I stripped everything down to the bare wood. I spent days upon days wood filling, sanding, wood filling, sanding etc the shells. I also painstakingly grinded and polished every last piece of hardware: every bolt, every washer, everything was thick with rust. I then painted 3 coats of enamel paint and they were done. Had to use a lot of brass cleaner on the cymbals as well.

I don't have any pics of the first restoration but I have plenty of the more recent one. I'll post those in another subforum.

Re: INTRODUCTIONS - Please use this thread to introduce yourself

I'm Lenny. I'm new here. I like drumming... Guess that's all.

I'm trying to develop as a drummer so I came here. Hope to learn and grow and meet new drummer friends.

Edit: Oooh, a template.

real name? Lenny "Tha Boss"
age? 25
how long been playing? 2ish years. Percussionist in HS, mostly mallet. Started drumming for giggles.
origin of user name? Forgot
top 5 drummers? Tough question. Props to the Peart's and the Carey's and the Moon's and Baker's. But I love Dana Carvey. And Tommy Bolin's brother Johnnie Bolin (I know him is why).
make of drumkit? I'm not too sure. It's a Sonor in blue fade, most likely a Force 2007, but none of the default configs. Has 10, 12, 13, and 16 toms. Got it used for $300 at guitar center in Sioux Falls. Drum Rep called me when they got it.
make of cymbal? Sabian xs20's brand new. Love em. 14 hh, 10 sp, 16 cr, 20 rd.
where do you practice?My guitarists basement. Used to have a studio, but the landlord was psycho.
are you in a band/s? Why yes I am. 2 of em. Premium Draft (Classic Rock and Blues) and Strophia (whatever is awesome, heavier generally)
covers or originals?PD does covers and originals. Strophia is all original.
what style of music? ^^^^
favourite take out food? Food I take out of the fridge... and newborn babies.
country? No thanks, Not my style.
one really odd fact about yourself? I'm almost positive I have no talent at anything, I just pretend well. I'm also a disabled american veteran.
how did you start drumming? The down stroke.

Last edited:
Hello From Greece

Hello to all,

My name is Chris, I'm from Greece, Athens, 27 years old.
As you can understand i like to drum.
I Have a Pearl export drum set, Bass drum 20 ", snare 14", toms 10", 12", 13", 16" and
14" Hihats, 16" crash, 18" crash, 20" ride, Zildjian ZBT, and one more 16" crash, paiste PST5.
My first priority is to get a new set of cymbals. I have already placed an order on the Masterworks factory. Custom series, 14" hihats, 16", 17" crash, 20" ride.

I'm in a band here in Greece, we play Alternative, phychedelic rock. We mostly like to ply our own songs and now were are prepering the songs for some upcoming live performances.

Is there anyone else from Greece here?

Thanks

Re: Hello From Greece

Hey buddy. Great to have you here. Sorry I am not from Greece, but from Canada.

Re: Hello From Greece

Hello, how are you?

Welcome to this great place and people. I am from Venezuela but I know that Tommy Lee born in Greece!

Cheers,

Buddy Rich of Metal

Hey everybody. I'm BRoM, and I've been playing like 2 years. I have a black CB 5-piece kit. Not the greatest set in the world, but we were able to buy it off somebody for like $200 with throne, sticks, cymbals, heads, and hardware. After doing a little touching up, it was good as new. Like I said, I've only been playing for a couple years, so I don't really claim to be as good as Buddy Rich, but I do listen to metal and rock. Stuff like Dream Theater, Tool, Alice In Chains, Steve Vai, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Metallica, System of a Down, and Van Halen. I also listen to the limited Jazz, Fusion, Funk etc. that I can get my hands on. My favorite drummer is (obviously) Buddy Rich, but I am open to many new drummers that I can discover.

Last edited:
Re: INTRODUCTIONS - Please use this thread to introduce yourself

real name?------Rodney Bell
age?---41
how long been playing?---28 Years
origin of user name?----N/A
top 5 drummers?----Mike Portnoy-Kenny Arnof-Aaron Spears-Scott Travis-Ben Smith
make of drumkit?----Yamaha---Premier---Ddrum---Roland--
make of cymbal?----Sabian all the way
where do you practice?----Home
are you in a band/s?----Yes
covers or originals?-----Both
what style of music?-----Christian Rock / Contemporary Christian
favourite take out food?----Chinese
country?----USA
one really odd fact about yourself?---I got in to The University of Tennessee School of Studio music and Jazz, Dropped out to Tour with my hair band right before nirvana came out.....
how did you start drumming?----Played trumpet in the band and had friends in the drum corp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back