Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: INTRODUCTIONS - Please use this thread to introduce yourself

Hey all, a little late getting to this introduction thread, anyway, here it is.

Jim Mattingly, I like long walks on the beach, sunsets, reading by candlelight...Ohh, not the right website, ha ha...

Jim Mattingly, 49 yrs. young. Been playing drums/percussion on and off for 30 plus years. Claim to fame would be opening up for the Gregg Allman band when I was 17 years old and opening up for an east coast big name band called Root Boy Slim & The Sex Change Band in College Park, MD...Gave up the rock star aspirations when I went into the Navy for 8 years in 79. Still love playing and will literally keep playing until I am physically unable to do so.
Currently my drum kit of choice for about the past 4 years is a SONOR S-Classix kit, racked. Up until recently I have used nothing but Zildjian cymbals, however, I am awaiting delivery of 3 UFIP cymbals, a 20" Rough Ride, 18" Rough Crash and a 18" Natural China.
I use a combination of Shure and Audix mics, a combination of Pearl and Gibralter hardware. A DW 9000 single kick pedal or a Pearl Eliminator double kick. A DW 9000 Remote Hi Hat stand or a Pearl Eliminator HH stand.
I prefer to play Modern/Smoothe jazz stylings for my own pleasure but tend to be in classic rock and blues bands for giggin out, the demand for jazz is just not in the Grand Rapids, MI. areas. I am originally from the Washington, D.C area where the tastes and music styles are much more diverse.
My favorite drummers are numerous but if I had to pick 5 they would be as follows, but not necessarily in the order listed. Lenny White, Gavin Harrison, Richie Hayward, Buddy Rich, Tony WIlliams...
I have been involved with quite a few other drummer/drumming forums but really like this site quite a bit.

Hi,

my name is Karsten, I am from Germany. I play drums for about 1,5 years and started teaching myself with DTXplorer, now I bought DTX550k. I always dreamed of my own drum, but got my first drum with mid-30.

I like the Drummer World a lot and often watch videos and bios from famous drummers.

Take care and keep on drumming!

Hi guys! in John and I'm 22 . I play drum about 3 years ago , but i buyed my set the last year. i going to describe my set up:

my kit it's a maxtone drums, red color vinyl..

- 5 piece standart kit (12,13,16,22);
- a 14x5.5 PDP Snare (i don't know what model is);
- Cymbals stands Mapex 950 and Tama
- my cymbals are:
_Paiste 402 16" crash,
_Stagg SH 14" Crash,
_Stardar HI HAT cymbals,
_Orion solo pro 10" splash &
_Orion solo pro master 6"Splash.
ROCK RIDE 20" PAISTE PST5 COMING SOON..

i like the forum and sorry for my bad english

real name? Brian Lamont
age? 55
how long been playing? Since I was seven.
origin of user name? Boyon was my sister's name for me.
top 5 drummers? Carl Palmer,Ian Paice,Clem Burke,Levon Helm,Neil Peart
make of drumkit? Yamaha Recording Custom
make of cymbal? Sabian
where do you practice? At home.
are you in a band/s? Not any more.
covers or originals? Both.
what style of music? Blues mostly.
favourite take out food? Sushi.
country? Canada.
one really odd fact about yourself? I love the Accordian.
how did you start drumming? My Dad was a drummer once long ago,and I learned to play on the dashboard to the radio,along with him.

real name? Alain Lebarbe
age? 25
how long been playing? 12 years
origin of user name? i liked travis barker a lot before..
top 5 drummers? Navene Koperweis, Matt Greiner, Neil Peart, Travis Barker, Marco Minnemann
make of drumkit? OCDP, and Vaudou Drums in about a month.
make of cymbal? Mostly Zildjian and some Sabian.
where do you practice? Jam space called '' Cite 2000 ''
are you in a band/s? Yes ! ( www.imatiger.bandcamp.com )
covers or originals? Originals !!!
what style of music? Folk/indie/pop
favourite take out food? McDonalds FTW
country? Canada
one really odd fact about yourself? i can take out my teeth. o_0
how did you start drumming? I was playing saxophone at highschool, and i was too good at it... so i started playing drums.

How long been playing: 17+ years
Origin of user name: first initial + last name
Top 5: Gene Hoglan, Ted Kirkpatrick, Buddy Rich, Dave Weckl, Animal (all in no particular order)
Make of drum kit: Yamaha Oak Custom
Make of cymbal: Zildjian A Custom
Where do you practice: anywhere I can
Are you in a band/s? Yes
Covers or originals: covers
Style of music: rock, metal, etc.
Favorite take out food: chinese.
One really odd fact about yourself: I'm boring
How did you start drumming: someone in church needed to give me and my yappy friends something to do so we wouldn't be so disruptive on Sunday mornings, and it stuck.

QUOTE=TravisFans;816691]real name? Mary O'Neil
age? 43
how long been playing? 1 month
origin of user name? First name, last initial
top 5 drummers? Neil Peart, Phil Collins, Ringo, Buddy Rich, Animal (of course)
make of drumkit? GP
make of cymbal? Zildjian
where do you practice? my basement...aka the Music Den
are you in a band/s? Nope, no one would have me yet
covers or originals? I imagine it will be covers
what style of music? Hoping mostly 70's, 80's rock
favourite take out food? Trotta's pizza (a Cincinnati thing)
country? USA
one really odd fact about yourself? People tell me I'm really good at trivia...you probably don't want to challenge me to trivial pursuit. I'm not smart, I just know a lot of useless crap :)
how did you start drumming? Decided it was time to start crossing stuff off the old Bucket List and this was on top of the list. Signed up for lessons and the rest will soon be history.

Howdy all, looks like there's a format for these posts, which I'll abide, but besides that, I hope everyone is well and drumming often. I play both acoustic and electronic drum kits plus a few other instruments.

how long been playing: Never really counted. Started jamming with friends somewhere around 10 years ago, now we play out and record "in a band".

origin of user name: A nickname that's followed me in the real world.

top 5 drummers: JP Gaster, Benny Greb, Josh Freese, Elvin Jones, Papa Jo Jones

make of drumkit: Tama all birch supers 4pc with 'hyperdrive' high tom. - Tama 5pc fusion rockers kit birch/mahogany - Roland td-3 based kit that I put together a piece at a time.

make of cymbal: Meinl and zils

where do you practice: Garage, practice space, on my car's surfaces at lights.

are you in a band/s: The Microbials. Demo soon.

covers or originals: originals - I only "cover" things for practice. Music has too many possibilities to get stuck on someone else's ideas.

what style of music: Rock, jazz, fusion, punk, anything with a good groove.

favourite take out food: Indian

one really odd fact about yourself: I hate machine-like drumming unless it's a machine doing the beat.

how did you start drumming: I played bass/guitar for a long time with friends in HS, one day, I sat at the crappy sunlite kit in the room and we all had a grand time, stuck with it, and we all still play together (almost all of us, anyhow..)

real name? Marianne
age? 19
how long been playing? 8 1/2 years
origin of user name? I'm a female drummer, and I was born in 91
top 5 drummers? Rick Allen, Mike Mangini, Travis Barker, Neil Peart, Alex Shelnutt
make of drumkit? I have a Rockwood by Hohner and a vintage Ludwig
make of cymbal? Sabian, Paiste, and Zildjian
where do you practice? My dad's band room
are you in a band/s? Yes
covers or originals? Both
what style of music? Every style
favorite take out food? Chinese
country? USA
one really odd fact about yourself? I'm currently majoring in psychology, but I plan on moving to Los Angeles to go to Musicians Institute, and hopefully start acting, as well
how did you start drumming? I was inspired by the drummer in my dad's band when I was 11

Last edited:

real name? Brian
age? 42
how long been playing? 30+ years
origin of user name? similar to my real last name
top 5 drummers? Animal, Buddy Rich with Animal, Neil Peart, DH Peligro, John Wright
make of drumkit? Pearl Session Custom, Yamaha DTXtreme 3
make of cymbal? Sabian
where do you practice? home, studio
are you in a band/s? Yes
covers or originals? yes
what style of music? like it all
favorite take out food? homecooking doggie bags
country? Canada
one really odd fact about yourself? I have two penises
how did you start drumming? friends needed someone to play drums as they were all playing guitar

real name? Scott
age? 39
how long been playing? Played for about 10 yrs, quit for about 20 back at it for 1 1/2.
origin of user name? Florida
top 5 drummers? John Tempesta, Danny Carey, Benny Greb, John Bonham, and Animal or course!

make of drumkit? Mapex Meridian Birch
make of cymbal? Zildjian / Boshphorus
where do you practice? Home
are you in a band/s? not now, starting to look for someone to jam with.
covers or originals? Covers, but I work on creating my on style most of the time.
what style of music? Everything from Beatles to Tool, and lots in between.
favourite take out food? Chinese food
country? USA
one really odd fact about yourself? ?
how did you start drumming? Van Halen, 1984, Hot for teacher- Heard that and got me interested. Started school band shortly after.

Hello my name is Sam

What up fellow drummers! I've been on this forum for a while now and I realized I never formally introduced myself!

My name is Sam and I'm from St. Louis, Missouri. I started drumming when I was 7. It was an "on and off" sorta thing until I was about 13 and since then I haven't looked back. I may not be the best, but it doesn't matter to me because I only play for fun.

I'm in a band called Stay For Her (I hate the name but I don't care as long as were somewhat decent). We basically formed in the studio when I was asked to lay down some drums and our current vocalist was asked to sing. We decided to stick around and now were making songs a million times better than before. In fact we just recorded a few new tracks that have to be mixed and mastered still, but should be out soon. If you want to hear our old sh*tty stuff go to myspace.com/stayforher. Again, the new tracks will be up in a few weeks :)

I also do some drum covers on my own time if you wanna check them out. You can obviously see how I've progressed through the years, which is an exciting thing to see for me especially. Link to my youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/sgreen2011?feature=mhum

Re: Hello my name is Sam

Hey what do you know my name is Sam too, an I'm also from St. Louis! Still live here actually.
You still live here as well, or have you moved?

Hey what do you know my name is Sam too, an I'm also from St. Louis! Still live here actually.
You still live here as well, or have you moved?

Yes I still live here too! Although I will be going to Mizzou in a matter of months. Still need to find out where I'm keeping my kit, if I even bring it :p

Yes I still live here too! Although I will be going to Mizzou in a matter of months. Still need to find out where I'm keeping my kit, if I even bring it :p

Nice go tigers!
What area of st. Louis are you in?

how long been playing 8 years
origin of user name: its my name
top 5 drummers: Gary Chaffee Joe Hunt Tony Williams Elvin Jones Zach Hil
make of drumkit? Gretsch Catalina Maple
make of cymbal? Zildjian k, a custom, sabian aax
where do you practice? My house
are you in a band/s? yes
covers or originals? Original
what style of music? Math rock/progressive/experimental-(paperplanesri.bandcamp.com)
favourite take out food? Pizza \m/
country? USA!
one really odd fact about yourself? I have a dollar in my pocket
how did you start drumming? My father was a drummer and so was his. Drums were always around me so naturally I started to pick them up when I was in 4th or 5th grade

Yeah I'm pretty pumped!
I'm in Des Peres. You?

Wow really close I'm right next door in Kirkwood!
Well hey I guess transactions would be easy. If you have anything that you want to sell with college and all you could let me know. Although don't get your hopes too high because there's not a whole lot I need...
And if you're taking your stuff to college thats fine too...
(You wouldn't happen to have a Bosphorus Versa ride would you?) :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back