Yamaha Hex Rack System

Now some front pic's............

DSCN8496.jpg

DSCN8506.jpg

Yo Mike... I'm *catchupbreath* I'm really happy for you. And Imma let you finish, but there's this guy... (he resides in Holland) and he's got one of the finest racksetups of all time... The finest racksetup of all time!!!

Im joking. You're the MAN!!! very cool setup buddy!

Last edited:
Here's a few more pics of my hex rack I'm currently building for one of my acoustic kits....these pics show my newly built hex snare/foot bar stand..:)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

^^I used to play in a worship band that played at many different churches.
I now play in a Christian rock / pop band.

The new Yamaha gear is really amazing! I can't believe how great these birch shells sound!!!

I am officially a convert from 16 + years of Pearl drums to Yamaha! Great kit!

^^I used to play in a worship band that played at many different churches.
I now play in a Christian rock / pop band.

The new Yamaha gear is really amazing! I can't believe how great these birch shells sound!!!

I am officially a convert from 16 + years of Pearl drums to Yamaha! Great kit!

Cool!...I currently play in a praise band at my church (with my son [14] playing keys)...but I would like to also play in a Christian rock band...:)...and yes Yamaha drums are awesome!...I've played alot of brands in the last 25+ years...but the yammies are the ones I like the most!

Cool!...I currently play in a praise band at my church (with my son [14] playing keys)...but I would like to also play in a Christian rock band...:)...and yes Yamaha drums are awesome!...I've played alot of brands in the last 25+ years...but the yammies are the ones I like the most!

Coolness!

Nothing better (to me)

Questions for all of you guys with rack systems (Yamaha or other):

1) What is the difference in time to set up/ tear down?

2) Will a 3 sided rack system fit in a large trap case? (I have the SKB X-1)

3) Do you find it easier to gig with? I move my stuff at least once a week.

4) The only rack experience I have was with my old TD20. My impressions were that it is not as flexible overall as regular stands, especially with the Yamaha triple tom mounts.

5) Is there a noticeable difference in the weight between the rack and stands?

Your feedback is greatly appreciated!

Questions for all of you guys with rack systems (Yamaha or other):

1) What is the difference in time to set up/ tear down?

2) Will a 3 sided rack system fit in a large trap case? (I have the SKB X-1)

3) Do you find it easier to gig with? I move my stuff at least once a week.

4) The only rack experience I have was with my old TD20. My impressions were that it is not as flexible overall as regular stands, especially with the Yamaha triple tom mounts.

5) Is there a noticeable difference in the weight between the rack and stands?

Your feedback is greatly appreciated!

I just got my Hex Rack (3 sides) last Friday and I love it. I have the SKB case that's meant to be used for a big golf bag and I got the whole thing in there though I had to really break it down to do so. It still went up pretty quickly but no faster than when I was using my old stands.

What I did this last time around was take out the middle bar leaving the two sides intact and just pulled out all of the boom arms (which I have color coded with strips of different colored electrical tape) and packed them away with the middle bar, hat stand, snare stand and mic stands. Since I'm not packing as much in the SKB case, I don't have to break down the remaining stands as far. All of this greatly improved set up time. I pack all of my drums into the back of the van and but both sides of the rack on top of them.

These racks are awesome!!

CIMG0057.jpg

I just got one of these racks. Its awesome so far. What size are the cymbal holders? Are those the Yamaha medium booms? The local guitar center doesn't have any but the Yamaha small, and those are too small for my cymbals. The web site doesn't list the size of the medium. I want to make sure I order the right ones.

Thanks

I just got one of these racks. Its awesome so far. What size are the cymbal holders? Are those the Yamaha medium booms? The local guitar center doesn't have any but the Yamaha small, and those are too small for my cymbals. The web site doesn't list the size of the medium. I want to make sure I order the right ones.

Thanks

The receivers are designed for standard 7/8" tubes as are the hex clamps.
The picture shows Yamaha medium booms from my 780 stands.
I am currently using Pearl 900 series booms on the set up. The Yamaha booms are back
in service with my stealth bop kit.

CIMG0006.jpg

CIMG0005.jpg

Thanks for the info.
I manged to find some of both kinds of booms. For some reason only 1 of the 5 guitar centers in my area (Dallas) carry the booms. One other store happened to find one stashed somewhere behind the counter. They don't even stock the racks, not sure why.
The small booms work well on the front tubes, the web site descriptions make it sound like the small ones will only hold splash cymbals. Ive got my 16" and 17" cymbals mounted on them and they work fine.
Ive never used anything Yamaha makes before. I'm very impressed. They make very nice hardware. The only complaint I have is the pricing. The booms and clamps are not expensive at all, about 35 bucks, but some of the multi-clamps for these racks are over $100. Seems a bit steep.

hi guys,

if i get the hex rack, does this mean i still need to buy 2 boom arms for my ride and crash?

thanks.

new drummer here.

Back