WOULD YOU BE INTERESTED

Cool, I'm glad things are working out for you guys. That's awesome. I will try and get another groove up this week, but believe it or not I'm back on the road all of a sudden every week again but I will be in the studio in the day so its all good. I will try and get that salsa groove someone was asking for.

Just discovered this thread Joe--great stuff! Thanks for taking the time/making the effort to put these up, as well as giving us a glimpse of your life in the studio.

Hi Joe,

I had about 15 minutes spare (ish) whilst preparing some drums, so I thought I'd try your linear groove. It's not exactly grooving, or up to speed, but I thought I'd at least show you I'm taking your groove suggestions on board. I almost never get time to practice anything, but I will try to nail this down over the next few weeks. I don't think it's that bad after only 15 minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkWcFDE2Owk&feature=youtu.be

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Joe,

I had about 15 minutes spare (ish) whilst preparing some drums, so I thought I'd try your linear groove. It's not exactly grooving, or up to speed, but I thought I'd at least show you I'm taking your groove suggestions on board. I almost never get time to practice anything, but I will try to nail this down over the next few weeks. I don't think it's that bad after only 15 minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkWcFDE2Owk&feature=youtu.be

oohhhhhh, there's that bass drum again. Love it! On the playing side, indeed a good start! I too lack the groove (or "authority" as said earlier). Time ... woodshed ... more time ... ;-)

Cheers,
radman

I'm sorry Ive been busy. I will get another groove up as soon as I can. Andy, kick it buddy. Just keep playing the groove over and over and over again. Don't add the fill. Just play the groove and snap that right hand. Great Start. Awesome. made me so happy to see someone actually playing itl Totally great. Thanks so much. Glad my time has not been waisted. Thanks so much.

joe

I'm sorry Ive been busy.

I'm sure many of us that keeps an eye on this thread are learning these grooves too. Me included, since I'm on looong school holiday might as well dive into more detailed analysis of your grooves. :)

I will get another groove up as soon as I can.

Don't rush it...just do it whenever you are free. If not you may feel pressured to do so .

Really like that groove Joe. Don't know if I'll get the chance to try it anytime soon (read - ultra busy), but I store your videos up for later reference. That linear groove you put up a while back is coming on quite well BTW ;)

I enjoyed these grooves. Particularly the linear and Gaddish grooves that had more breakdown of what you were playing. I learned something from all of them will continue to check in with whatever you post. Thanks.

Really like that groove Joe. Don't know if I'll get the chance to try it anytime soon (read - ultra busy), but I store your videos up for later reference. That linear groove you put up a while back is coming on quite well BTW ;)

I know Andy your busy trying to get me my drumset. Thats cool. lOL. Hey man, I'm glad you digging that linear groove. Keep at it, one it starts rolling for you your gonna dig it, then you can try the 7 variation. Thank you for participating in this post too. Much appreciated.

Fun groove Joe. I'm going to have to listen to it a few times to get that the placement of the snare hits correct. Did you play the groove for the recording with the 5 stroke repeating like that or did you shift into a more straight groove?

Joe:
Sounds like fun and I'd like to learn that.
Could you upload a transcript to read that groove (unless you've done so already).
I find it easier sometimes to read it along with the demonstration. Perhaps also for your other ones as well.

Fun groove Joe. I'm going to have to listen to it a few times to get that the placement of the snare hits correct. Did you play the groove for the recording with the 5 stroke repeating like that or did you shift into a more straight groove?

I never go in to a straight groove. It repeats. The snare is on the "a" before 2 and 4.

I received a few messages from drummers here asking me why I don't shread on my video's. Well I'm trying to give you guys some grooves you can actually use, not show off. That makes way more sense to me. There are vids all over the place of me throwing down. Please feel free to check them out. So please chime in and let me know if there are any grooves you would like to see. I will do my best. thanks

Back