Nile
Pentagram
The Police
Possessed
Rush
Sepultura
Vadrum
Witchfinder General

Mostly rock / metal with some other stuff squeezed in there. If the drums are interesting, I'm interested in it!

Siouxsie & The Banshees
Bauhaus
The Clash
The Cure
New Model Army
Echo & The Bunnymen
The Cramps
New Order
Sisters Of Mercy
Concrete Blonde
The Smiths
Social Distortion
Red Lorry Yellow Lorry
X-Mal Deutschland
Lords Of The New Church
Duran Duran
Simple Minds
Skinny Puppy
Love & Rockets

Lots more 80's goth and post-punk stuff.

Everything isn't completely fitting as certain styles of music I find off-putting but it does come close. Really it depends on my mood.

I'm known as a metal and post rock guy I suppose, my tastes in metal range mostly from Black Metal to the Avant-Garde/Progressive, I'm hugely into a lot of bands like Rosetta, Cult of Luna, Neurosis and Isis creating mellow, atmospheric, heavy music.

I've always liked classical, particularly 19th century, and modern western art music, that relates back to metal through gothic/doom in a way but I'm happy to sit down and listen to some Astor Piazzolla - Primavera Portena any day of the week.

Jazz and Blues, I started out playing music playing Jazz and particularly the softer styles of jazz resonate with me, not going to throw around sub-genres but Blue in Green by Miles Davis, Chet Baker - My Funny Valentine or some Jazz piano like Brad Melandau.

Other then that, everything from alternative to indie folk, some forms of electronic music, some forms of hip hop though I tend to be quite picky with those. As a rule of thumb music needs texture and atmosphere to be appealing to me, it needs to have some emotional draw. Examples of electronic music I do enjoy include Indie, Trip Hop, House and some types of Liquid/Acid Jazz. Basement Jaxx - Good Luck, Lisa Miskovsky - Still Alive or BOA - Duvet would be good examples.

I wouldn't consider that comprehensive, I have everything from Porcupine Tree to Booker White or Dirty Three on my iPod at the moment next to USBM like Cobalt and Wolves In The Throne Room.

I hate to sound like a pretentious tosser but i like to think i listen to a lot of different types of music and certainly would never limit myself to "t3h metulzzz" nevertheless i do think i am certainly very much biased in tastes towards heavy guitar based music.

So you want a list of bands on music players then? Ok well i'll just copy down all the bands on my winamp playlist, that way you can see how much of their material i actually have which will hopefully give a clearer picture lol.

listsa.png

I probably don't even listen to half the crap i have, i'm just a music whore lol.

I wish I had the time to sit and listen!
But when things do slow down I tend to listen to a lot of 60's & 70's jazz (listening to Bill Evans "Sunday at the Village Vanguard" at the moment.
Also enjoying The Bad Plus, Joshua Redman, MMW & Cake lately.

Well I don't usually listen to this kind of music, but just been listening to stevie wonder's, You are the sunshine of my life. Reminded me how much someone is just that.
Gee. Thanks. :) ..............

Errhh not quite, sticks4drums, LOL..
There will only be room for one soul mate in my lifetime, sorry to disappoint, don`t take it to badly. LOL..!!!!!

Well in this day and age that is very good to hear. Half of my kids friends come from broken homes.

There are other bands that I'm content listening to, but I really enjoy these in particular.

August Burns Red
Battles
Circus Maximus
Demians
The Dillinger Escape Plan
Don Caballero
Dream Theater
An Endless Sporadic
Ephrat
F44:876
Frost*
Guilt Machine
Hacride
Irepress
Jimmy Eat World
Metavari
Oceansize
OSI
Porcupine Tree
Russian Circles

I listen mostly to rock, hardcore punk, and metal. Though I do enjoy jazz, blues, funk and hip hop as well.

In the past week I have listened to:

Galactic
Portico Quartet
Touche Amore
Skip James
Balance and Composure
Immortal Technique
This Is Hell
White Wives
The Sword
Mos Def
Talib Kweli
Blacklisted
Black Sabbath
Happy Apples
Cab Calloway
Led Zeppelin

Typo, I too LOVE Russian Circles. One of the most talented current indie/metal bands IMO. I've played many shows with them in the past, awesome dudes. They leave nothing on the stage.

Back