what sort of pedal is this?

Judging from the design, or lack there-of, late70's would be my guess. Look here http://home.hetnet.nl/~winnie-/gallery/pedals/pedals1.html for entertainment. The first double pedals. What more do you want the "owner" to tell you. It's a old Pearl lefty. Well, I guess he could add that it's a P.O.S., but that's not gonna help him sell it. Unless you have more money than common sense, or just want to buy it as a curiousity/museum piece, there are a lot of better things to throw $80 on.

I have that pedal (single version though) lyin' around as a spare somewhere. I have no idea as to the model number, but I believe I bought it in the early to mid 90's. If I recall correctly, it was just a lower to middle of the range Pearl....nothin' too fancy. I used it regularly until the early 00's tho. Never a problem with it.

It looks to be in reasonable order (altho scuffed up on the slave). For a used lefty that suits your purposes, I don't think $80 Aussie is too outrageous.

I've got the right handed version, well, the slave portion of it. Slave portion can be detached from the main pedal, I used it with a Tama pedal for years, did the trick. It's still in working order, I paid $20 for it, (used), about 15 years ago.

Back