What professional drummer's setup do you admire most?

Re: What profesional drummer's setup do u admire most?

i liek Elvin jones kit because its simple but he pulls so much stuff out, but just for pure stuff, i l like the way the new tama mike portnoy set looks, its amazing!! its a mix of the old neil peart rush set and the bonham set

ggfhgfhfghghfghfghfghfghfghftgh

by far the set up i admire most is Chris Pennie's, so small, yet so perfect

These are probably my top 3:

Portnoy's Purple Monster (with a different finish, possibly in black)
Jason Bittner's Tama Setup at the 2005 MD Festival
Chris Adler's Mapex

For best looking kit I would have to go for Keith Moons pictures of lily kit.
For big kits it would be Mike Portnoy,god I would give anything to be locked in a room for a day with that kit just trying out stuff.
For small kits maybe Travis Barkers cause he makes it sound a lot bigger and the designs are sweet or Jojo Mayers cause it just looks fun to play on.

either moon's set up.....pearts and i love bonhams set up....two floor toms to create thunder!

Neil's set up in anatomy of a drum solo. All the rims instead of silver are 24 karrot gold.

Danny Carey's set has the ultimate selection of cymbals IMO, but my most admired drum set-up has to be JoJo Mayer's pre-Nerve kit. Put those 2 together and you have the ultimate drumset.

I really like Beauford's kit and Chad Smiths kit. There's so much on Beauford's kit that it's be impossible not to have fun playing on that thing. Chad's kit because it's like mine and sounds really nice.

im not that much of a fan anymore, but i still have the biggest crush on Derek Grant's sets.
all of them are sweet. im not into the black and red color scheme, but they loook so amazing on his drums.

i like aaron gillespies alot....i have the same thing but its a yamaha with zildjian cymbals

A good portion of the members here agree on Carter Beauford as I do also. If I got in his drivers seat, I probably wouldn't know what to do.. lol.

I dig the new set Joey Jordison has. Double bass Pearl's with the white custom Paiste cymbals. Pretty much my dream set right there...just with Zildjian cymbals. And now to make a complete u-turn and say I also like John Bonham's set. It's so damn simple and he makes them sound like a Neil Peart set. Tis cool yo.

Forgot about Steve Gadd's and Thomas Langs.
Gadd Makes so much amazing music with a Slightly larger than average set and only a few cymbals. Thomas Lang's because... well... its just really cool with all the hi hats and stuff like that lol.

Brufords. Since the first time I saw it I became determind that I have to play on a setup like that one day.

Back