What do you think of Yamaha stage custom for recording drum sessions?

mbdrummer

Hi Everyone, I hope you are well :)

What do you think of Yamaha stage custom for recording drum session?
By the way In this video I was playing a Yamaha absolute hybrid snare.

Let Me Know What You Think........

All the Best,
Mar

Last edited:
Can’t watch right now but I’ve seen many SC vids and they sound great to me.

Very nice! That was a great cover, and the drums sounded great too, especially the snare. My only complaint is that it felt too short!

Hi Everyone, I hope you are well :)

What do you think of Yamaha stage custom for recording drum session?
By the way In this video I was playing a Yamaha absolute hybrid snare.

Let Me Know What You Think........
Video: Yamaha Stage custom

All the Best,
Mar

First, playing was on point, nicely done.

Kick sounded like a mid tuned kick, nice.
Rack toms sounded really dull and dead to my ear, could be your preferred tuning.
Floor Toms sounded really good, very much enjoyed that sound.

Snare while not a SC sounded great for the tune.

Stage Customs punch above their weight class, not quite to the territory of what I would consider upper mid tier kits but for their price, they are great and I'm sure under mic with heads and tuning you can clearly get some very usable sounds.

Sounded pretty darn good to me. I agree with Rivers19, about the toms. Seemed a little flat, compared to the rest of the kit. Certainly passable, however. (y)

I recorded the Wheels CD years ago with a Stage Custom set, and they sounded just fine and recorded very well.

For me, the best buy for intermediate birch is the AQ1. Here’s the secret to recording: if the kit gives back to you, it gives to the mics. If it gives to the audience, not so much. That’s why Gretsch is so often used by studios. There’s no magic. But…mics love Yamaha and Yamaha engineers know it. It’s why the RC is birch.

Back