What Do You Search For Daily on Reverb/eBay/CL/FB?

Rattlin' Bones

Gold Member
Or if not daily, then weekly or "regularly".

Mine is used Canopus Yaiba or RFM 3 piece bop size kit with kick (bass for you jazz cats) with mounted tom at affordable price and in a finish I like. And same configuration, but a Sakae Trilogy. And on Sakae, I'd take a virgin kick if it was an 18" or 20" diameter. Also snares - I'm always on lookout for a special Sakae MIJ snare, as I think they are some of best snares at best prices ever made.

First thing I search CL for is "Free"! Always an eye out for free music related anything. I just picked off an absolutely mint Onkyo receiver w/speakers and cd player. Yes, I know outdated maybe even what some would call vintage. But the sound is extraordinary. I actually gave it to my son as he's going into vinyl big time now.

What's the best deal you've gotten on a Sakae snare?

First thing I search CL for is "Free"! Always an eye out for free music related anything. I just picked off an absolutely mint Onkyo receiver w/speakers and cd player. Yes, I know outdated maybe even what some would call vintage. But the sound is extraordinary. I actually gave it to my son as he's going into vinyl big time now.

What's the best deal you've gotten on a Sakae snare?
The Sakae Trilogy gold sparkle lacquer I play at virtually every jazz gig (and some blues gigs in smaller venues) I got brand new for $299. I've had it for around 8 years now. Bought it when there was still a real Sakae company. I'd love to find a turquoise or other cool lacquer Trilogy at good price. I'd like to score a Sakae brass snare at a good price. I think someone on this forum one time mentioned they made a 13" brass, which would be a great snare for me.

just about "finished up" but for years

ebay JDStick (544*transactions 100% positive)
Gretsch
Vintage Gretsch
Old K -con
Bosphorus
Old 20 Zildjian
Vintage Drums

reverb:
Used Gretsch
Favorites
Old K Istanbul
Bosphorus
Premier drums
Good Hands- New York
Maxwell- Chicago

I have a minimum one extra of everything I wanted or needed
sometimes 3 or 4 extras
I've hit my limit very few to none desires remain gotten rid of everything I don't want and may vacate some one big thing
but I'll try it locally cultivate a sale locally no drum shipping for me

Last edited:
For a number of years my eBay searches have mostly been ‘Slingerland Radio King’

Then when I occasionally find a 14x7 White Marine Pearl with a Cloud badge (with Cigar shaped lugs) I sit there and daydream about being able to afford it.

I used to check the box search in text "stamp" or "gram" in cymbals..
I remember doing that
Still occasionally look for that $40-$70 A
First Car Auction I went to I was 9 years old (1965) till about 2018 so very used to looking up and down aisles
for the sleepers

Last edited:
I’ve been searching for “Allegra,” as I have been searching for a 10/12/14/20 Allegra kit for quite a few years now. Unfortunately, there is somebody south of Portland that buys up every Allegra kit and tries to resell them for more than 2-3x what they go for in the used market. I’ve responded to a couple ads, only to see those ads get taken down, and the same kits get reposted for an insane amount ($2,000+ for a used Allegra kit—are you SERIOUS?!?!?). Those ads have been up for quite a while now.

Now, the company itself is posting ads for their drum sets and snare drums in Vancouver, listing them for their new price. So, my search results have gone up, but it's become a waste of time looking through them, hoping one is used and for a decent price. ☹️

I used to go to Ebay often to look for drums, cymbals and audio gear. But I do not ever go there now because I have all that I need. Peace and goodwill.

I’m always looking for Blaemire and Jenkins-Martin. Not always *buying* them, but keeping a close eye out. Apart from that it depends on what I have a hankering for, like lately I would like a 6x14 snare of a soft wood like spruce, so my search terms include the brands and models I know of that fit the bill.

I used to have a whole slew of search terms for cymbals, but in recent years I actually managed to satisfy every desire I ever had for cymbals. Previously I searched for pre-split Istanbuls, vintage swishes, flat rides, 50’s A, trans stamps.

I don't search any of that but I do check out new kits (and any deals) on Amazon. These new Rogers kits Power tone and Cleveland kits (msple/poplar) peak my curiosity. Screen Shot 2024-04-15 at 6.19.22 PM.pngI Screen Shot 2024-04-15 at 6.18.51 PM.png

I haven't heard anything about the kits-just the Dyna-sonic and Power tone snares.

I’ve been searching for “Allegra,” as I have been searching for a 10/12/14/20 Allegra kit for quite a few years now. Unfortunately, there is somebody south of Portland that buys up every Allegra kit and tries to resell them for more than 2-3x what they go for in the used market. I’ve responded to a couple ads, only to see those ads get taken down, and the same kits get reposted for an insane amount ($2,000+ for a used Allegra kit—are you SERIOUS?!?!?). Those ads have been up for quite a while now.

Now, the company itself is posting ads for their drum sets and snare drums in Vancouver, listing them for their new price. So, my search results have gone up, but it's become a waste of time looking through them, hoping one is used and for a decent price. ☹️
I wondered what was going on with all those Allegra listings. 🙄

Lately I’ve been searching for specific Rogers Memriloc parts to complete a re-build project I’m working on (my black Rogers kit needed some love). It’s nice that there are people out there that actually have Memriloc pieces for sale!

Matching drums for my vintage Yamaha 8000.

Yamaha 13x5.5 SD-2355 MIJ snare.

I keep my eyes out for a "Ray Era" Ayotte drum set and 1969 Fender P and J basses <-- "birth-year bass"

also 1980 or 81 Mongoose Supergoose BMX bike

For a number of years my eBay searches have mostly been ‘Slingerland Radio King’

Then when I occasionally find a 14x7 White Marine Pearl with a Cloud badge (with Cigar shaped lugs) I sit there and daydream about being able to afford it.

that is how all my searches end....

Back