What are you listening to right now?

These guys check all the boxes for me. Likely too "busy" for most here, but I'm not a money beat kind of guy.
The entire performance is worth a watch, but I'll ease you all into it at a Pink Floydesque number. Stick through the energetic intro to the last song and you'll see Nick doing some pretty tasty work with harmonics on his 8-string.

Brain radio is still stuck in the 1970's. I woke up to Lynn Anderson singing I beg Your Pardon (I Never Promised You a Rose Garden). I don't know where brain radio dredges up some of these old country tunes. I never listened to them as a teenager. My earliest forays into "county music" were The Marshall Tucker Band and Charlie Daniels - and they're not really considered "country music." Who knows... Here's my blast from the past.

Great concert

Christopher Cross and Michael McDonald - Ride Like The Wind / Just Masters
Very nice! Thanks for the reminder.

I always wished I had hair like Michael McDonald and could play guitar like Chris Cross.

Sadly, it was never to be; I've got even less hair than Chris Cross and can play about 10 cowboy chords on guitar. But, I've still got my lovely bride of 44 years and that's worth more than a full head of hair and a blistering guitar. 🥰

I really like Allison Kraus and Union Station. But why brain radio was playing "Tiny Broken Heart" when I woke up this morning, I'll never know.

Written by The Louvin Brothers. Here's the original from 1956!

Back