Vintage Premier Snare and Lugs

maccydrum

Hi @All
I have a question about a Premier snare drum. I'm refurbishing an old Premier drum set (and love it more than anything - which also costs money) and have this snare drum, which has a very striking construction. I'm looking for more info, but haven't found anything via Googl&Co. about this exact snare model (80s??). Who has a hint: Thank you very much.
Now for another question: As you can see, you can't see any screws on the lugs from the inside. But one lug is wobbly, now my question: How can I tighten it again? Opening the inner wall is probably necessary (but very dangerous). Should I glue the lug? Who knows what to do? What would you do?
Greets Mike

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto.jpg
    Bildschirmfoto.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 19
  • Bildschirmfoto 1.jpg
    Bildschirmfoto 1.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 18
Hi @All
I have a question about a Premier snare drum. I'm refurbishing an old Premier drum set (and love it more than anything - which also costs money) and have this snare drum, which has a very striking construction. I'm looking for more info, but haven't found anything via Googl&Co. about this exact snare model (80s??). Who has a hint: Thank you very much.
Now for another question: As you can see, you can't see any screws on the lugs from the inside. But one lug is wobbly, now my question: How can I tighten it again? Opening the inner wall is probably necessary (but very dangerous). Should I glue the lug? Who knows what to do? What would you do?
Greets Mike
Wow
Those are rare

Problem is - how is that inner shell removed??
I'm imagining some kind of tool that you run around the inner rim with a blade that cuts through the glue joint.
They should not be glued.

You should be able to remove it without hassle.

yes if there's a vertical seam on that inner ply then a credit card type tool is slid in unsprung the inner ply and you can go tighten the lug then return inner ply with gentle tap back into place.

never had one

Problem is - how is that inner shell removed??

yea there's the vertical seam pic 2
Talk it apart..

As has been said the inner plies do come out and go back in, just be careful. Years ago Premier supplied dealer instructions on how to remove/refit the inner plies for these and Resonators. I'll see if I can find and I'll post if I can (quick edit, found it online).

One of those wonderful bits of Premier experimentation and they do look wonderful as well, although the sound isn't that great other than recorded. i've had 5 or 6 over the years in an assortment of colours. Very short lived, just a few years in the mid eighties.

1715087424593.png

Last edited:
As has been said the inner plies do come out and go back in, just be careful. Years ago Premier supplied dealer instructions on how to remove/refit the inner plies for these and Resonators. I'll see if I can find and I'll post if I can (quick edit, found it online).

One of those wonderful bits of Premier experimentation and they look wonderful, although the sound isn't that great other than recorded. i've had 5 or 6 over the years in an assortment of colours. Very short lived, just a few years in the mid eighties.

View attachment 146028
Wow - that's some impressive archive info there!

Back