Vegas trip - Miranda Lambert concert - Drummers on the Strip

striker

The main purpose of the last trip to Vegas was for attending the Vegas drum show. But since I arrived a few days sooner and my wife was with me, then entertainment was also part of this trip.

The first show was the Blue Man Group at Luxor. This is a very old show and this was the first time that I have seen it. I knew they had percussion but I was surprised that they had lots of drumming. I do not know who was the drummer on that show but apparently they have a team of drummers. The drum was electric as far as I could tell. The drummer and the band are behind sitting in the dark with glowing colors emanating from their outfit . The show is entertaining and fun. The drumming is loud, exhilarating, and pedal to the metal fast. We were not allowed to take any pictures.

The second show was Carpenters Legacy at Planet Hollywood. This is a two person show with Ned Mills on Piano and Sally Olson singing and drumming . The singer sounds very much like Karen Carpenter - great voice. What was surprising was that they also paid tribute to her drumming and the singer played a bit of percussion and drums. The Ludwig drum set was prominently displayed at the top center of the stage.

The third show was the Miranda Lambert concert at Planet Hollywood. I think the drummer was Maxwell Zemanovic. According to the web he is playing Gretsch. The show had lots of light, fire, and pyrotechnics. This was a great show and the audience was singing and moving with the songs. Everyone enjoyed the concert. Maxwell Zemanovic was great on drums. Given all that was happening on the stage, he kept a great steady beat.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/g-maxwell-zemanovic-95914a69/
https://www.gretschdrums.com/artists/g-maxwell-zemanovic

Paying tribute to Karen Carpenter's Drumming
1713293350771.png

Carpenters Legacy Show With Sally Olson Playing the Ludwig Drum Set
1713293490391.png

Miranda Lambert Concert With Maxwell Zemanovic on Drums
1713293589149.png

Miranda Lambert Concert With Maxwell Zemanovic on Drums
1713293658415.png

Miranda Lambert Concert Main Stage Fire and Light
1713293740672.png

Miranda Lambert Concert Main Stage Light Work
1713294458636.png

Miranda Lambert On Stage
1713293840262.png

Last edited:
Thank you for this! The Karen Carpenter show must've been great!

Wonder if there is a market for other deceased musicians to have tribute shows like this...

hendrix, peart, etc...

I should polish my henrix-esque guitar playing and sell myself doing muti-dead musician impersonation.....should only take a decade or 2....

I think that's a Yamaha set with a Ludwig logo bass drum head.
Yessir. It almost looks like the head is just in front of the drum. The claws appear as though they are behind the head.

Looks like a good couple of live shows.

Thank you for this! The Karen Carpenter show must've been great!

The Carpenters Legacy show is in the second floor of the V theater at Planet Hollywood. It is a small venue. I did not expect this but the show room was almost full. They project various clips and pictures of Carpenters on the screens behind the stage and they play the piano and sing. Great show. This two person performance was great tribute and flawless.

Last edited:
Wonder if there is a market for other deceased musicians to have tribute shows like this...

Yes there is. Vegas has always had many tribute shows. Here is the list of current shows running at various smaller Vegas venues:
Frankly Frank
King of Diamonds - The Neil Diamond Tribute
Michael Jackson Live
The Rat Pack is Back!
Carpenters Legacy
Elvis: Spirit of the King

Back