The worst cymbal Zildjian ever made...

I saw that video and felt compelled to comment. I had a set of crashes, ride and hats just after launch and they were fantastic cymbals for Heavy Metal, I gigged and recorded with them and no one complained at the time.

He's Australian? I didn't know.

I saw that video and felt compelled to comment. I had a set of crashes, ride and hats just after launch and they were fantastic cymbals for Heavy Metal, I gigged and recorded with them and no one complained at the time.

yep...many people in the scene here in town had them, and they did not sound any better, worse, or out of place than the Rudes that were also in use. I honestly thought the Z crashes sounded better than the Rude crashes, but I love the Rude rides

Can't speak for the Z Zildjian line, but the new Z Customs sound flat out great to me. Very warm for the weight, or are they really heavier? I think Rudes are not heavier than 2002s, just unlathed. And even though I love 2002s, I prefer the Z Customs to Rudes.
Personally my least favourite Zildjians are the artificially patinated Avedis line. They always seem a bit dull for their thinness, yet still unfocussed. The Kerope and K Custom are similar, but I can bear the latter line since it's got some nice models such as the heavy K Custom Ride.

Worst Zildjian I ever owned was a 90s 22" Earth Ride. A mate of mine had a 20" Brilliant Earth Ride that was amazing but this thing wasn't a brilliant finish and sounded like someone had drilled a hole in a wok and put it on a cymbal stand.

That's the double edged sword of B20 Zildjians. You can get some absolute one off gems and on the opposite end you get some absolute nails.

As I've said in other threads heavy crashes aren't really my cup of tea and the new Z Customs sound just as bad as the old ones. Paiste Rudes do the job better.

Worst Zildjian I ever owned was a 90s 22" Earth Ride. A mate of mine had a 20" Brilliant Earth Ride that was amazing but this thing wasn't a brilliant finish and sounded like someone had drilled a hole in a wok and put it on a cymbal stand.

That's the double edged sword of B20 Zildjians. You can get some absolute one off gems and on the opposite end you get some absolute nails.

As I've said in other threads heavy crashes aren't really my cup of tea and the new Z Customs sound just as bad as the old ones. Paiste Rudes do the job better.
But wait.... There's more....

Can't speak for the Z Zildjian line, but the new Z Customs sound flat out great to me. Very warm for the weight, or are they really heavier? I think Rudes are not heavier than 2002s, just unlathed. And even though I love 2002s, I prefer the Z Customs to Rudes.
Personally my least favourite Zildjians are the artificially patinated Avedis line. They always seem a bit dull for their thinness, yet still unfocussed. The Kerope and K Custom are similar, but I can bear the latter line since it's got some nice models such as the heavy K Custom Ride.
The new Z custom crashes are VERY CLOSE to the A Custom Projections. Part of me thinks they're from the same cast but with different hammering and logo.

Always wanted a 22
There’s a 20 at my local music go round in Toledo

80s I'm at local Sheraton. I'm at the bar the dance floor is between me and the stage and I'm hearing this cymbal. Wth is that.
Went up to him later. 20" Earth Ride.

Same thing different setting happened this time it was a Sabian 22" HH Leopard Ride.

Ugly up close fantastic at a distance

I had a big bell ride and a crash of the original line up in 1989. The crash was a one trick pony, but the ride was really versatile. I REALLY wish I'd kept that.

These aren't the worst they ever made (I'd give that title to their Platinum series), but the new ride is great.

thought for sure it was the K Custom Dry Ride 20 I had one briefly and couldn't make head or tails; thought it was the ugliest Z I ever heard; then noticed a Pittsburgh buddy drummer friend of mine used one exclusively Sounded fantastic. But I still will avoid

still dislike it
We have one of these on our school’s jazz kit. Our band director likes it for the cut and ability for it to be heard over the big band but I’m with you it sounds too harsh and pingy behind the drivers seat. I’m happy with my Paiste Masters and Agop SE ride at home hahah

Back