the TRICK DOMINATOR Double Pedal: is it a Trick or Treat?

BigDinSD

Gold Member
Ok - double pedallers!

I'm about to pull the trigger on a Trick Dominator double pedal that I can get brand new for $510 (out the door).

I know I've posted numerous times about double pedals here, and thank you all for helping me out in a world I have no clue about!

I've heard feedback on the DW9000's, Demon's, Axis and I know we all have our own opinions. I currently use the DW9000 single. Nice, but...eh?

I've heard all good about these, which is hard to believe. It has the extended long board and same engineering as the Pro I-V's and Bigfoots. Weird, but it just seems so straight forward, simple and not OVER- ENGINEERED. The pedals actually arrive as 2 separate pedals that join together.

So just wondering if anyone has anything they can share, good or bad?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Never played a double pedal but I have no regrets about the Trick single pedal I bought this year. It's so adjustable that it's way more comfortable to play than previous pedals I've owned.

Never played a double pedal but I have no regrets about the Trick single pedal I bought this year. It's so adjustable that it's way more comfortable to play than previous pedals I've owned.

That makes 2 of us! I've never played a 2x pedal either, or even a longboard! I finally figured out there's only so much you can do with a single pedal.

I tried to find out anything negative about this pedal, but nothing turned up. Maybe because it's still pretty new?

The frame and beater are a little different than the bigfoot and Pro 1 V, but same technology and materials. Yeah, you're right about the adjustments. It seems so damn technologically simple in every aspect (impressions from a DW9000 user).

If you hit the search button you can find out quite a bit ;-)

Here's what I came up with a quick search

http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/search.php?searchid=7172389

I think I might have also done a search here and plugged in "Dominator". About a 1/2 page of stuff. Nothing too critical or negative. Mainly discusses the fact that the target market is "mid-priced", and that it is the newest Trick pedal. Funny...some called it the

"Cheap Trick" LOL -

A few pro drummers have mentioned the framework, vs a solid plate and minor structural enhancements/changes. Consider changing beaters for more OOOMPH. I tried digging up the dirt...I guess only time will tell...

I plan on getting some Trick pedals as my next pedal purchase, its like you said, I've not been able to find any negative feedback on them. The internal compression spring... hyper adjustability, to me they are the best pedals on the planet.

Ive played Sonor Giant Steps, Axis, DW and now Trick Bigfoots. I can say, with complete confidence, that the Tricks are the best pedal Ive ever played. I sold all my other pedals and use the Tricks...they are that good. Remember, its not the wand, its the magician, so your mileage may vary.

F

I plan on getting some Trick pedals as my next pedal purchase, its like you said, I've not been able to find any negative feedback on them. The internal compression spring... hyper adjustability, to me they are the best pedals on the planet.

Seems like NASA stuff? The engineering is pretty incredible from blue print to billet aluminum assembly. That said, engineered to the right level, nothing overdone.

That compression spring (I was reminded by the company that it is Patented) is pretty slick. One-handed adjustments on the fly...

Ive played Sonor Giant Steps, Axis, DW and now Trick Bigfoots. I can say, with complete confidence, that the Tricks are the best pedal Ive ever played. I sold all my other pedals and use the Tricks...they are that good. Remember, its not the wand, its the magician, so your mileage may vary.

F

Point well made. Don't know much about the Dominators, but hopefully they handle as good as the Pro 1-V's and Bigfoots. Yup, that part would be up to me...

Seems like NASA stuff? The engineering is pretty incredible from blue print to billet aluminum assembly. That said, engineered to the right level, nothing overdone.

That compression spring (I was reminded by the company that it is Patented) is pretty slick. One-handed adjustments on the fly...

Exactly, the pedals are pretty light too. The compression spring puts them ahead of Axis, in my opinion.

I recently purchased the trick dominator and in my opinion it is only worth the money for the buid quality and material. This thing is built very well and like a tank!

My complaint with this pedal is that the slave is like almost all the other double pedals out there. It has that sluggish, less responsive feel to it. The footboard is also pretty thick and is heavier than a lot of the others out there. (Chain driven and compared to my axis)

Another thing is the footboard adjustment. Since it is a direct drive pedal, when you raise or lower the height, it affects the angle of the linkage. When you raise the height significantly, it seems to make the pedal harder to play/less responsive.

Another thing is the footboard adjustment. Since it is a direct drive pedal, when you raise or lower the height, it affects the angle of the linkage.

This is the flaw of the that design, when you adjust foot board height, the angle of the linkages starting point is affected/changed and so is the feel of the throw of the pedal.

How could they (others) get around this?

Make the linkage itself adjustable. DRUMNETICS mag pedal has an adjustable linkage.

Attachments

• Picture 11.png
    Picture 11.png
    185.2 KB · Views: 2,140
Back