The Festival Thread

darknessdude16

Does what it says on the tin. Discuss festivals of PAST / PRESENT / FUTURE (obviously by future I dont mean say who you'd like to see at Glastonbury 2012 lol.

Also, by festival I mean Music based festivals such as Glastonbury, Download, Ozzfest, Monster Of Rock, T In The Park, Reading and Leeds, that kind of thing. But if you want to throw in some Jazz Festival or Modern Drummer fest stuff in then be my guest.

Okay I'll start off by saying that I'm off to Download 2008 here in the U.K at Donnington this year. Anyone else? I'm really looking forward to seeing Kiss (just to see Eric Singer although the rest of them are mildly appealing also :p)

Adam x

Anyone who lives in Europe or can get there should check out the jazz festivals they have there during the summer. Most of the big names around the world spend their summers touring Europe and playing festivals. I've been to the Vienne Jazz Festival (Vienne, France), Montreaux Jazz Fest (Montreaux, Switzerland) and North Sea Jazz Fest (The Haag, Netherlands). You get to see the best jazz in the world (I've seen Jackie McLean, John Scofield, Jack DeJohnette, Larry Goldings, Billy Cobham, Soulive, MMW, and many others), plus hang out and see the sites in some of the coolest areas of Europe. I have not been to the Umbria Festival in Italy, but that's a huge one too.

Im at Donnington this year..Gonna see Kiss!!!!!!!Cant wait!!!Was there last year also,hope the weather is as good this year too..
Going to 'Rock and Blues custom show' in Derby after Donnington..
Last one 'so far' will be Solfest up here in Cumbria..

Also looking forward to seeing Eric Singer by the way..lol..
XX

download last year was good, i didn't go but watched a few bands on the website and youtube. the line-up for the leeds festival this year is awesome, most of my favorite bands are playing there, bullet for my valentine, biffy clyro, avenged sevenfold, gallows, slipknot, queens of the stong age ect.. its a shame im not going really, i would have loved to go but i couldn't afford it seen as im saving up for new cymbals.

playing at isle of wight festival & bestival, should be cool.

I was lucky enough to play at Glastonbury this weekend. I had never been before and it was an unbelievable experience. Now I can see why it is considered one of the best festivals in the world. It completely blew away anything I have ever been to before. Totally overwhelming atmosphere. I have never been anywhere like it. The whole thing was very emotional.

Back