Tension Rods Stuck In Bass Lug HELP!!

Bloodlinejake

I was trying to take off my bass head the other day and the tension rod just snapped.
Ive been trying to get it out of the bass lug but its been a pain. any suggestions??

Take off one of heads and remove the bad lug. There should be two screws on the inside of the shell that hold the lug to the shell. Then hopefully the threaded insert can be removed and then it should be pretty easy getting the broken rod out.

yeah i took it out but it will NOT come out for some reason

ok, so if i have to replace it where would i find one?

It might not be coming out because the threads are all lined up. If you had a lug in the socket can you just pull it out. What you might want to do is take a drill and take your smallest bit. Then put a hole in the lug, next put the drill (with the bit sticking in the broken lug) in reverse and hope it comes out. Otherwise you might want to get a new socket or lug holder, you can probably order those from the maker of your drum's website.

ok, so if i have to replace it where would i find one?

1st. What brand & model drum--
There are internet stores that carry specific parts for cos. and there are
generic & customs parts.
2nd. I see ludwig lugs on Ebay all the time...

3rd. Maybe your local Music Store may have one or can order you one!

Best

If you have a widely known drum company such as pearl or tama, you can go to their website and look for the spare parts order form and catalog. The spare parts catalog on pearl's website is under support. Generally there is warranty that lasts about three years. If you have bought your drums new in the past three years you might be able to get the lug holder for free instead of paying for it.

okay so its a pearl forum 22 in bass drum and the catolog has it. Now how do I actually order it?
Product Number:SL-02

okay so its a pearl forum 22 in bass drum and the catolog has it. Now how do I actually order it?
Product Number:SL-02

If you still have the manual when you first got your drums, there might be an order form in the back of the manual. You can also probably send them an email on how to get the spare part. I searched google for the part, I didn't see any place that sold the part, but Precisiondrum has different sized lugs. You can measure your lugs to see how big they are and get them from this parts list. Find the closest looking one and size and nobody will know the difference.

Back