TAMA HP900PTW v/s Tama HP600DTWB

Utkikillz

Hi,
I'm looking forward to buy my First Double Kick Pedal, which i'm gonna use on my Mapex Meridian and the Alesis DM-6 (electronic kit too) and i'm a little confused with the Tama TAMA HP600DTWB and TAMA HP900PTW ( yet another option being the DW3000).

From what i've heard, the TAMA HP900PTW is the Higher End model? Is it ?? But both of em' (AND ONLY THESE) are available here (in India) almost for the SAME PRICE ONLINE ( $ 370)... that being the cause of the confusion ......

These wud be my FIRST double pedals... i wasnt able to make out much difference among the two, even after a lot of search online...
A little help would be appreciated.

~ Thanks.

Yes the 900 is higher. I couldn't find that exact iron cobra 900 part number (ptw) but comparing the specs on these pages:

Iron Cobra 600

Iron cobra 900

The beaters - I like the ones on the 600 series better because they're double sided and heavier.

600 series has a 'duo' cam, which means you can replicate the different feels of either the powerglide or rolling glide iron cobras by switching the plastic cam around. Iron cobra has a fixed metal cam so you have to choose between the rolling and power glide.

The clamp on the iron cobra bends off to the side whereas the 600 series just runs under the footboard. The iron cobra clamp has a secondary height adjustment. Dunno if it's improved since I bought my old iron cobra more than 10 years ago but I had issues clamping onto certain bass drums.

The iron cobra has a 'quick hook', updated 'pedal housing' and 'oiles hinge' that the 600 do not.

And they mention that the iron cobra has a connecting rod, whether it's different from the 600 you can try found that out. The connecting rods on my iron cobra sucked... both wore out and my pedals too old for me to care now.

I got a good run out of my power glide iron cobras without those updated features. As I said I don't like the hoop clamp and the connecting rod but every pedals seems to have some stupid thing about it. If they're the same price I'd prob go the 900 because it has a higher number, fancier bearings and hinges and some hint of a different connecting shaft (I hope).

Yes, you should definitely go for the 900 over the 600. That is the original, classic Iron Cobra, available in power, rolling and flexi glide formats.

Back