Steve Jordon Kit 2024 ?

Why should Yamaha even care? Most retirement homes wouldn’t even allow their residents to have a drum kit.

That is his main gig and his highest profile gig.
You guys are seemingly missing the point. What is the point of Yamaha having an endorser that isn't seen using Yamaha gear.
It has nothing to do with Jordans' terms of employment, or what The Stones think. I'm talking about Yamaha and what they think.
I actually doubt The Stones care what drums he is playing. I've never had anyone request a brand of drums from me.

You know he (Jordan) may have recording equipment/ pianos/drums/ what ever many things/ from Yamaha
keyboards/ So as a Total endorsee some slack cut because of involvement with everything Yamaha

You know he (Jordan) may have recording equipment/ pianos/drums/ what ever many things/ from Yamaha
keyboards/ So as a Total endorsee some slack cut because of involvement with everything Yamaha

And don’t forget his idea’s that helped shape products for/with Yamaha, like the Club Custom (they even made a second gen, but choose not to release it yet), Club Jordan, Definitive, and his Sig snare.

That history gives him some leeway besides his name and still being an active, promoting hardware artist.

Reactions: jda
I've done a coupe of major, major tours. And I know people 'of that stature'.
What is the point of having an artist on your endorser roster when they don't use your drums on their very, very visible gig?
It's really none of my business and I'm not suggesting Yamaha seek retribution. It just seems like Yamaha should end the relationship and Steve should endorse Gretsch.
I'm sure Yamaha is happy to have Steve, and cuts him slack when it comes to using something different. In playing with The Stones, I'm sure Steve wants to come close to Charlie's look, as well as his feel and licks. Clapton uses Stratocasters, but also plays the occasional Gibson live also.

In the immediate case it seems obvious the guys are right saying Yamaha would not complain about this Stones arrangement. It’s not like a few “blues lawyers” (guys with disposable income) in the audience who decide they want a vintage Gretsch kit are impacting Yamaha’s sales. And it’s not like young people at the show are going to buy vintage Gretsch. Yamaha’s attention is better spent elsewhere.
I read them and didn't see anything relevant.
The point here is why have an endorser that doesn't play your gear on their main gig which is also their most high profile gig?
Simple question - what is in it for Yamaha? When else is Jordan seen other than playing with The Stones now.
If people aren't going to be influenced to go out and buy Gretsch then the endorser scene is a nonsense. The whole reason for endorsements is so that high profile players are seen using Ludwig, Gretsch, Yamaha etc which raises the brand awareness AND gives the brand a seal of approval from a top player. Like Michael Jordan wearing Nike. If you endorse Nike but wear Adidas all the way through the championship series you shouldn't be endorsing Nike.

Clapton uses Stratocasters, but also plays the occasional Gibson live also.
I doubt Clapton is an endorser.
This is about the endorser scene. If you endorse something and rarely use it in public tean I wonder why a company would be associated with the player. That's not how endorsing works. Even Jeff Porcaro had his Gretsch shells made to look like Pearl.

Last edited:
I actually doubt The Stones care what drums he is playing. I've never had anyone request a brand of drums from me.
and this too. You were being watched. Your presentation. Your stage-craft.

if you showed up was something counter you would have been notified

The best if you could imagine if Steve wanted to be a strict company guy is he could have used that first series Yamaha 60s set or a modern Yamaha set dressed up to be sixties

in this sense I think Stones are Larger than Yamaha corp.

If it makes you feel better who knows what he'll use in the studio with Stones if when has it already gotten there.
Gretsch and Ludwig generally were part of the Stones sound.

Yamaha losing Steve would be-might be- far worse than Steve losing Yamaha
oink-oink

Last edited:
When he's in that Texas store he says he had Yamaha model that Club Custom orange off the Ludwig Mod Orange and Citrus sets of the sixties.

The large Japanese Corp are deferential to those companies that were the original. Execs from Toyota have said the exact thing when they entered Mercedes market with Lexus. They knew and publicly stated they owed others. So there's some deference from within happening/ afoot.

GettyImages-2151207078-e1714747477465.jpg

Last edited:
Blues Lawyer found

the Acro perp/song/
Gretsch Rating: falls to 98.2%
still above Acceptable Levels

snare sounds kinda muted doesn't it?
but feels good I'm sure..
hope he didn't pay over
Post #26 arena suspicion chrome/silver snare spotting confirmed
there's an Acro in the house

Last edited:
Stick-lift

presenta

Let It Bleed…. Glad to see them playing it live.
It appears Steve Jordan is intentionally hitting two cymbals at once?

I think the tip to Yamaha are the stands… for all the drummers. Let’s face it nobody in the crowd but drummers notices he’s using Gretsch drums.

I doubt Clapton is an endorser.
This is about the endorser scene. If you endorse something and rarely use it in public tean I wonder why a company would be associated with the player. That's not how endorsing works. Even Jeff Porcaro had his Gretsch shells made to look like Pearl.
In case you haven't noticed, I have endorsements, so I have some idea how these things work.

I have no idea if Clapton actually has an endorsement agreement with Fender, but I do know that he's extremely visible as a Strat player, and undoubtedly gets gear from Fender as needed. Every company is different in what they require and expect from endorsers.

Back