Steve Jordon Kit 2024 ?

evidently This is a bit beyond that

Last edited:
Last edited:
I love when he does this..

think I'd consider putting a brass 4160 in there
wonder if he has one yet :D Steve.. stop in.

keith Richards guitar sounds like a '53 Chevy on tick over

Holy Cripes it's all on here...

Looks like he may have an Old A up there in main
I see a cup.

Mick should change some of the lyrics while he's singing it like... describe where he was when they wrote it..etc.. Like Tell another story in the familiar phrase. I can imagine him improvising some lyric on the spot
Add a new verse etc

Last edited:
And here's the 2024 Arena set

It's the Moonglows
yea looks like an old A up there in main
and guess he's ditched bd 24"
looks like a brass colored chrome 5" snare
no same aqua flame +/-

Part II this youtuber grabbed it all..

that Trad grip is getting it's workout.. Bless him

and check Miss You 12:10

Last edited:
Just seems to be a confluence lately and it's exemplified by Steve. I read it on other forums and experienced it myself. Drummer's going back to 60s kits and 60s early 70s cymbals. I read it a lot. And there's Steve playing with the biggest rock band in the world on supremo stages small and large for top dollar arriving at the same conclusions on gear.
ya know
whether you're a nobody, or a somebody, if you're in that age group of playing drums for fifty years or more this arrival conclusion is happening or has happened
Cool I say.

"magazine ads just ain't what they used to be"

If Steve still has a deal with Yamaha, there's probably an understanding that he can use whatever he wants, whenever he wants to. Artists of his stature, aren't so tied into the rules of endorsement the way mere mortals are.

Artists of his stature, aren't so tied into the rules of endorsement the way mere mortals are.
I've done a coupe of major, major tours. And I know people 'of that stature'.
What is the point of having an artist on your endorser roster when they don't use your drums on their very, very visible gig?
It's really none of my business and I'm not suggesting Yamaha seek retribution. It just seems like Yamaha should end the relationship and Steve should endorse Gretsch.

You would think so.

But I bet they made arrangements in some way.

I am curious how it will play out in the future.
Yeah - I would think The Rolling Stones are huge enough to dictate certain things. If they want a Gretsch kit up there, I doubt Yamaha would argue. Same thing with Jason Bonham when he did the Zep reunion - Ludwig made that kit but he’s a DW guy. What drummer is gonna argue he use his own brand when you compare that to “The Rolling Stones want me to play drums for them”, or “Uncle Jimmy wants me to represent my dad in Zeppelin”?

Yes

Factor in I'll bet Steve isn't muttering nightly to himself "Darn if only I could only have my Yamaha's up here with me tonight.."

he's having a ball
And if you care to extrapolate it out he could almost almost easily have had a facsimile of Charlie's 1964 Sky blue Ludwig's up there ( don't mention that to him I like all the attention the Gretsch are getting...

Last edited:
In the immediate case it seems obvious the guys are right saying Yamaha would not complain about this Stones arrangement. It’s not like a few “blues lawyers” (guys with disposable income) in the audience who decide they want a vintage Gretsch kit are impacting Yamaha’s sales. And it’s not like young people at the show are going to buy vintage Gretsch. Yamaha’s attention is better spent elsewhere.

yea what are young people doing in that audience 😉 ?
"Blues lawyers"? never heard that term. Oh them, they already have 4 Gretsch kits at home
I've heard of " Blue's Doctors" they've owned 7 of everything

Steve's done this as long as he's been "with" Yamaha

Nothing new right? Looks like 50s bread and butter Rogers there in 2022

And here's the 2024 Arena set

It's the Moonglows
yea looks like an old A up there in main
and guess he's ditched bd 24"
looks like a brass colored chrome 5" snare
no same aqua flame +/-

Part II this youtuber grabbed it all..

that Trad grip is getting it's workout.. Bless him

and check Miss You 12:10
What magical fountain of youth has Jagger discovered? The man is 80 years young. Simply remarkable.

IMHO, Yamaha probably "understands" the uniqueness of the gig but they still are probably not pleased, in fact depending on the expected length of touring with the Stones I would potentially end the relationship as their endorsed artist's highly visible gig has him playing other than Yamaha whether they "understand" or not.

Granted many fans also saw him rocking the actual Yamaha's he is endorsing.....but while we all "understand" it feels weird......

Back