Stagg Drumsticks Are Rubbish

Witterings

Silver Member
I've been using Pro Mark drums stick years and a few months back with the hammering the £'s had recently was shocked went I went into the local drum shop and having picked up 2 sets of sticks had virtually no change from a £20 note.
On the back of that I thought I'd see what cheaper drum stick were out there and bought 2 sets of Stagg 5a's for less than £5.00's delivered.
I didn't get to try them out for ages as the same pair of Pro Marks that I use on my acoustic kit just kept going and going and going, they're so shreaded in the middle from the extent of use they've had that over half the sticks missing and in the end because there was a lot of give in the sticks (where they'd been worn away) eventually I thought they'd had their last play and retired them still unboken in honour.
AAAAhhhh a nice new set of Stagg sticks to try!

1st one broke within 10 minutes on my acoustic kit! - maybe just unlucky with that one ?

Second one broke 1/2 hour later!

OK maybe as I've a pair left I'll save them for use on my E-Kit intsead, 3rd one broke within 20 mins on there - totally totally useless!!

Just thought as they've been a complete waste of money and are a false economy I'd post so save other people falling into the same hole and next time (which is now going to be a lot sooner than expected) I get my wallet out in the drum shop to part with the fat end of £10 for a pair of sticks I'll know what excellent value for money I'm actually getting!
If I'm really bored over the weekend I may post pictures of both, any drummer looking at the Pro Marks would see exactly what a full life and how much use they've had and yet still refused to break and the Staggs are literally unmarked and snapped clean in half!

Thanks for the heads up. There's a reason those sticks are cheap, but breaking on an E kit! I've always used Vic Firth X5's. I still break them, but that's down to me, not the stick. I usually get around 3 gigs + 3 practices out of a pair. I can live with that.

A pair of Pro-marks is £10 where you are? The white oaks are $10 USD in Florida, so that seems crazy they'd be that much more.

"Stagg Drumsticks Are Rubbish"

"Bears Shit in Woods"

"Pope is Catholic"

yeah you get the idea lolz but seriously i think even for that price you'd expect them to last just a bit longer. I got some real cheap pairs of sticks which lasted me a good few days. Also if it's a local drum shop and you've been buying your sticks from there for years i think you should ask them for a bit of a discount, maybe get a few sets?

hmm i used to use staggs they did last me a fair while and have had worse luck with promarks so far ( 1 pair died in a hours play, no rim shots) but again this was near the beggining of my playing and i didnt put any power into it.

hmm i used to use staggs they did last me a fair while and have had worse luck with promarks so far ( 1 pair died in a hours play, no rim shots) but again this was near the beggining of my playing and i didnt put any power into it.

It is a lot to do with the drummer. When we saw cancer bats (before they went "pop" i might add lolz) the bloke literally went through about 2 or 3 sticks just in that one show. I'd hate to think how many cymbals and heads he goes through lolz.

always leave something out of my posts :p now youve quoted me im gunna have to write a new one ha.

forgot to mention ive gone back to Vic firths and love em nice weight last me a month with wood tips longer with nylon.

yh EH all down to drummer thing with those pro marks i got them replaced again with 5A jap oak again they broke in no time shop blamed me when they obviously have a faulty batch considering the length of time sticks normally last me and how pro marks ive used in the past have held up. even went up to a 5B and broke em rather fast. wont be buying promarks for while.

I have never seen stagg sticks but on the other hand if you ever get a chance to buy Silverfox sticks they are very very durable and very affordable.

The only place I get them at is Daddy's junky music.. I have not seen them anywhere else yet..

For budget sticks, Vic Firth's Nova series are just as durable as the regular ones, just not quite as elegantly made. Actually, if you're in the UK, www.djmmusic.com is a great place to buy sticks in bulk, you can get them pretty cheaply if you're prepared to buy a few at a time.

While we're talking about things being rubbish, something else that is rubbish is HQ's bass practise pad. Mine lasted about a week before the foam gave way to almost bare metal. Appalling considering HQ's reputation otherwise. Anyone considering getting one, please don't, it really is totally useless.

I have Staggs and my 5B's were pretty good, they lasted like 5 months then they broke finally, then i sent my mom to get me some and she got 5As and those broke withn an hour and i was =( because i had to play with broken sticks.

Back