Sonor Kompressor 14 x 8 Aluminium on its way!

Cool. I think the only "watch out" I have read/seen on these was the lugs detuning fairly easily.....perhaps think about some of the Hendrix lug washers to hold tension a little better.

Nice drums at a decent price.

Cool. I think the only "watch out" I have read/seen on these was the lugs detuning fairly easily.....perhaps think about some of the Hendrix lug washers to hold tension a little better.

Nice drums at a decent price.
OK, thanks for the info!

I usually don't play a lot of rimshots so that should help (somewhat).

OK, thanks for the info!

I usually don't play a lot of rimshots so that should help (somewhat).

These drums have Sonor Tunesafe... I am not aware of any pattern of customers that have detuning lugs.. Please let us know if the feature is working because people overwhelmingly rave about this. You should feel a little resistance while fine tuning which means it is working but if these lugs are detuning easily then you should report this to Sonor immediately and have them remedy it. What you definitely should NOT have to do is buy some other company product to go on top of this.

Sonor has had Tunesafe for a long time.

csm_SQ2-Features-tunesafe_17ab035536.webp

These drums have Sonor Tunesafe... I am not aware of any pattern of customers that have detuning lugs.. Please let us know if the feature is working because people overwhelmingly rave about this. You should feel a little resistance while fine tuning which means it is working but if these lugs are detuning easily then you should report this to Sonor immediately and have them remedy it. What you definitely should NOT have to do is buy some other company product to go on top of this.

Now that you mention it, I did read about the Tunesafe lugs - it will be my first Sonor drum.
Maybe some people had a bad batch? Or just bad luck?

Now that you mention it, I did read about the Tunesafe lugs - it will be my first Sonor drum.
Maybe some people had a bad batch? Or just bad luck?

If I bought one of these drums and the Tunesafe was not working, I would immediately ask the dealer where you bought it to get this fixed with Sonor. That would mean something is wrong because this feature definitely works and most people rave about it. I would not just keep the drum and put something else on top of this. They market this feature so it should work and it is on the Kompressor page at the Sonor website.

I'm a new guy to drumming ( but love learning )

What is the feature in this cross-section, that makes it 'Tunesafe'?
I know I'm missing it...
Thanks
Edit: is it in the RED area?

That's a great looking drum Eric, congrats! You know, if you're finding yourself with too many snares and need someone to take the Guru off your hands, I'm happy to help a brother out. 😉
Thanks! I'll keep it in mind but I already sold another Guru a while ago and have no reason yet to let this one go :)

As an aging guitar player, pretending to be a drummer ( or even physically capable!), it sure seems like the snare drum, is the 'guitar' of drums!
Versatile tonally, musical, many styles, work of art...you need to have a few, or many!

I am just hitting a practice pad, and there are already 10+ snare drums I'd love!
I have to admit, after the 1st one, it gets contagious - probably just like (bass) guitars :)

BTW: I picked up bass guitar during my drum break a couple of years ago and own 5 now - including a DIY kit I painted and assembled.
The one I liked / sounds best is a cheap Harley Benton p of which I upgraded the pots and cap.

Last edited:
I have to admit, after the 1st one, it gets contagious - probably just like (bass) guitars :)

BTW: I picked up bass guitar during my drum break a couple of years ago and own 5 now - including a DIY kit I painted and assembled.
Beautiful, wow!

But I'm already looking at that snare and floor tom, in the background, Ha!

Beautiful, wow!

But I'm already looking at that snare and floor tom, in the background, Ha!
The background snare actually is an E drum made by Diamond drums.
The floortom (and rest of the set) is a Gretsch Renown Pearl Oyster, nice drums.

First (crappy) recording.
The 2nd part with some muffling, the 1st part without.

Attachments

• 20240507-sonor-komp-alu-14-x8.mp3
    763.5 KB
Last edited:
Back