Sonor 400 vs 600 series hardware?

Jeremy Bender

Platinum Member
Any thoughts on the build quality between the middle line and top of the line stands?
I've noticed a large price difference between the two lines.

Last edited:
They'll both last forever.

Being Sonor I bet they weigh as much as an elephant.

The 600 prob 2 elephants.

I would also be very interested in that topic.

Beeing the Yamaha fanboy that I am I naturaly gravitated toward their hardware. But it seems like I could save a bit more then 100€ if I would decide on the Sonor 400 line instead of the Yamaha 800 one.

@Jeremy: If you can trust the Rhythm Magazine then the 600 line of Sonor is still made in Germany while everything below comes from China. That might explain the price difference.

I have also been looking at this. Some things are very different and some look to be the same. For instance, the tom holders: 400 series is around $30 US where the 600 series is more than 2X that. Looking online at the Sonor web site i could not see a difference between the 2. However, the snare stand for the 600 series has a quick release. I have found that feature to be a real time saver. And the 600 series HiHat stand has a much better foot pedal set up. Either way, I agree with Dre25, either will last almost forever. And they are not 'that' heavy. ;-)

I have the 400 series snare stand and much prefer it over my Yamaha stand .....AND the Sonor snare stand is lighter in weight (I weighed them).

opentune...which Yamaha series stand did you compare it with? I have the 700 (single braced) Yamaha stands.

Back