10" A cust splash
12" A cust splash
14" A cust fast crash
18" A cust fast crash
14" K dark thin crash
18" K dark med thin crash
18" Oriental china trash
14" A cust hi-hats

...these are my 50th birthday present to myself.

These are the classics that I have lusted after. 22x14, 12x8, 14x14, 16x16, 14x5 in vintage marine pearl. These drums sound great, and are a night and day difference from my collectors. I have the best of both worlds, bright and poppy with great projection from the 22,12,14 classics, big, boomy, and warm enough to pop popcorn from the 24,13.16 collectors.

That being said, I would still run past the classics to save the collectors if my basement was on fire, but that could change.

Barry

Hey Baz, those drums are oozing with classz! ;-)

Seen some really nice kits in this thread... I figured I'd post mine...

DSCF0922.jpg

DSCF0923.jpg

Last edited:
Here is my DW kit, which I got back in '96. Does anybody know the name of this finish?

Hey Alex, I have the same finish. When I bought my kit second hand from my local Drum Shop in about 2002 they told me it was called Oyster Shell. I'm not sure whether to believe them or not. Mine is the only one like it which I have seen in the flesh and I've only seen 1 or 2 on forums such as this. And as you can see in your photo's the finish looks great under lights.

Hey Brent! Nice to see you on the forums!

Some gig shots:

Attachments

• IMGP0260.JPG
    IMGP0260.JPG
    133.5 KB · Views: 7,358
  • IMGP0261.JPG
    IMGP0261.JPG
    125.3 KB · Views: 7,305
  • IMGP0270.JPG
    IMGP0270.JPG
    119.3 KB · Views: 7,264
  • IMGP0367.jpg
    IMGP0367.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 7,192
Wow Solaris, those are some wicked pics!!!

I absolutely love the way your gold hardware looks in the light!

any more pics? ;)

-Jonathan

Here are a few more.

I should mention these were taken by my friend Jules, I reckon he did an awesome job of capturing the moment.

Attachments

• IMGP0286.JPG
    IMGP0286.JPG
    140.5 KB · Views: 7,093
  • Andrew 2.jpg
    Andrew 2.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 6,964
  • IMGP0280.jpg
    IMGP0280.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 7,006
  • IMGP0257.JPG
    IMGP0257.JPG
    135.7 KB · Views: 6,934
...Here is my classic kit as I have been playing them for the past few months.

22x14, 14x14, 12x8, with my 13x5.5" Craviotto. For cymbals I am using a 21" hh raw bell dry ride, 14" hh fusion hats, an 18" hh medium, and an 18" hhxtreme crash. All the hardware is the flush base stuff.

I am glad that I have found a home for the Craviotto. It is a really nice snare, but I always felt that it belonged to a smaller sized kit. It seems to fit in very well with these classics.

Barry

Barry

Last edited:
...hola Solar

yes it is vintage marine pearl with the brass hardware.

By the way, your kit pics look great.

Barry

Nice, has to be one of my favourite finish ply wraps that DW offer. Lookin classy with the brass hardware too.

Thanks for the compliment Baz. They were shot with a Pentax K100 using an old 50mm prime lens.

Hi all, im new here. I just custom make my DW kit and is due to arrive in a week plus. Will post here in the fastest manner, cant wait!! Anyway, I got a couple of questions to ask here so i can have some expectations. lol..

-What comes with the original box packaging? Ie, drum key, instructional manual etc..?

-Does all custom drums comes with running sequence serial number?

Thanks all experts for your time... :)

-What comes with the original box packaging? Ie, drum key, instructional manual etc..?

-Does all custom drums comes with running sequence serial number?

Thanks all experts for your time... :)

If I recall, the accompanying box has a DVD (which is tremendously boring actually - if you've researched your purchase there is nothing new); a microfiber cleaning cloth; general care instructions (might have been a booklet?) and then any necessary memory locks etc.

Both of my orders were sequential within the set. IIRC badging is done as one of the very last steps before your kit ships. (I did the tour like 3 years ago - if I recall the hardware station was one end (badges in there somewhere) and at the other end, heads & hoops were put on, the drum was tuned and given a final inspection.

Back