Selling a Tom: Possible?

DrewTheShoe

Hello Drummer comrades, I come bearing a question.

In my current quest for new cymbals, I am realizing what exactly I don't use. Ever. And what I really don't want to use, either.

I have a 6.5x10 tom tom from my Tama Superstar Hyper-Drive kit, and I really haven't used it.
I "used" it the first few days I got the kit, then I found out that I was using it for maybe two hits every three songs I was playing, or something like that. I took it off, rearranged my toms, and realized how it really was just taking up space that is now used much more effectively.

So my question is: will I be able to effectively sell this?
I'll give you the specs.

- 6.5x10 inches
- Brushed Burgundy Metallic Shell [I love it.]
- Black Nickel, Diecast hoops
- Comes with StarCast mounting system top hoop
- Six lugs
- BARELY used, hit maybe twelve times total.
- I'll include the single tom adapter, StarCast

So, do you think I'll be able to sell it?
If so, what do you think I'll be able to get out of it?
Is there any information I'm missing?

could you take some decent pictures for us to judge it?

But as for the question, i say throw it up on ebay and see what comes of it. look for some similar drums with similar sizes and base it off of that.

You will be able to sell it, no problem. This is a very popular kit at the moment. Throw it on Ebay for a bargain price, $50?

You'll probably get over a dozen bids, driving the price up to exactly what it's worth. Mind you, that finish isn't really in high demand.

Last edited:
Take good pictures, give a detailed description. do a 7 day auction ending on late afternoon, early eve on Sunday. You will do fine on it I am sure.

Well, I'm glad to see I got such a welcome response! :)

I'll post some pictures of it, then you'll be able to judge better.

Alright guys, here some pics of her. I threw some old stock head laying around on her so you could check out the StarCast system and the hoops.

PictureorVideo001.jpg

PictureorVideo002.jpg

PictureorVideo003.jpg

PictureorVideo004.jpg

PictureorVideo005.jpg

PictureorVideo006.jpg

PictureorVideo007.jpg

And, the ever important tom mounting system.

PictureorVideo008.jpg

Back