Regal Tip! In operation again!

I'll order the Jeff Porcaro...i wanna see his name again on the stick. He said something on YouTube that I was unaware of concerning his thoughts on Jim Gordon. I to am just in awe of Gordon and to hear one of my all time faves mention it I was so excited to hear him say that.

Last edited:
Good to hear they're still around!

Selling direct is fine, I wonder if they're abandoning b&m stores? Existing users know what models they like. But how will they attract new business if the sticks aren't in stores? Sticks are probably the most personal tactile element in drumming - you have to hold them and make a few strokes on a pad to know what feels good. Or am I just old?

Also, I browsed a few models, and noticed that the finish availability is interesting. The 5A wood tip is only available in clear lacquer, and the 8A wood tip is only available in white! If I'm an 8A user and want a natural looking stick, I guess I can't get it from them.

Also, the site is a little austere, sterile. No artist info, and the accessories/merch page is called Apparels... as in a bad plural. (Apparel is its own plural... like sheep.) Just seems strange. Did someone take over the brand and is just selling direct?

No Nylon tipped nothing huh? Interesting. I remember reading that the daughter wanted to do away with them, don't remember the article giving a reason other than an unhappy father/daughter relationship.
Folks can get their coveted brushes now yay

Yay! I can get a new pair of Blasticks! And they’re available! I’m ordering right now!
Not to deflect from the excitement of Regal Tip being revived, but I have been using the Vater version with perfect satisfaction. They've held up extremely well.

I’ve been using the same
Blasticks for the last 15 years
Yeah, I was trying to figure out when I bought my Vaters. I believe it was 2010 or 2011, so they do last a while! Lol Probably the exact same materials.

I don't remember the model but I use to use Regal Tips with a round nylon ball for a tip.I never tried any others. I've been quite happy with Firth and I've had a couple pair of Vater sticks and they're nice too.

Something seems very wrong here. No "history" tab, or "about us "tab, or any feedback on the company whatsoever. No, I'm not buying it just yet.
It is a bit strange. Low tech website, limited models (not really surprising if they're restarting), but yeah, there is something about it that feels like they found some old new stock and they're selling it off. Who knows.

I'm with jaymandude, I don't think this is a truly Regal Tip Website. Someone is just selling off old stock. I notice the "new" Regal Tip site is selling Jeff Hamilton Signature Brushes. Jeff left Regal Tip and is now with Innovative Percussion (link below). I don't think Innovative/Regal Tip would let hem have an identical signature product with a competitor.

The whole design of this website feels generic. I am willing to say that it's someone (a private collector/former dealer/auction winner for the remainder of the RT inventory etc.)) selling off all the old stock they had.

On the plus side, now's your chance to pick up all those "classic" brush models. Get them while you can! I have a feeling once they're gone..................they're gone.

Last edited:
Something seems very wrong here. No "history" tab, or "about us "tab, or any feedback on the company whatsoever. No, I'm not buying it just yet.
Ironically, I tried to purchase a pair of Blasticks, and when I went through check out, it told me it couldn’t ship to my address. So I’m stopped in the process until they can ship to my address. They did accept my billing address for the credit card though. I think their website is having issues 😐

Maybe this "comeback" is too good to be true. I genuinely hope this will all be worked out and they will have a good supply and steady output of their old models. Until then, I hope no one suffers any bad consequences with this new site.

The absence of nylon tips is huge. They invented them!! Something’s not right.

Also, perhaps my endorsement deal obscures reality a bit, but I think $14.99/pr is kinda high, no?

The absence of nylon tips is huge. They invented them!! Something’s not right.

Also, perhaps my endorsement deal obscures reality a bit, but I think $14.99/pr is kinda high, no?

$15-$18 a pair is pretty normal now. The price of sticks has skyrocketed lately.

Back