Random Thoughts II

• The hands are not overlapping, so they're fully and clearly visible and their styling can be admired.

• The arrangement of the hands is symmetrical, which people generally find more pleasant than asymmetry, making the product more appealing to customers.

• The manufacturer's logo, usually in the center of the face under the 12, is not only visible but nicely framed by the hands.

• Additional elements on the face (like date windows or secondary dials), usually placed near the 3, 6, or 9, won't be obscured.

According to the folks at Timex (who set their products at 10:09:36 exactly), the standard setting used to be 8:20, but this made the face look like it was frowning. To make the products look "happier,"￾ the setting was flipped into a smile (occasionally, you'll still see the 8:20 setting on some clocks or watches where the manufacturer's logo is at bottom of the face above the 6).

This actually brings resolution to something that has been troubling me for years, and has held me back from my true potential. Thanks Grunt.

My girlfriend and I have committed to going on a seven-day Caribbean cruise with her family. It'll be ten or twelve people total and we sail on November 17. It's gonna be really freaking expensive so we will not be eating out but two or three times a month for the next nine and a half months.

I also need to lose 15-20 pounds by then.

My girlfriend and I have committed to going on a seven-day Caribbean cruise with her family. It'll be ten or twelve people total and we sail on November 17. It's gonna be really freaking expensive so we will not be eating out but two or three times a month for the next nine and a half months.

I also need to lose 15-20 pounds by then.

That ought to be fun. Cooking at home should kill 2 of those birds for you. Look up a recipe that you'd like to try and prepare it at home. If you want to do a more social thing with friends, get some meat and throw it on the grill. Ask your friends to bring beer and you can have a social gathering for much less than you're spend out.

You're from Texas right? You guys are no strangers to the grill.

What's everybody's opinion on Aphex Twin?

Aphex Twin is somewhat close to a deity. Would that suffice?

The Richard D James album is brilliant, his 90's EPs are great (Donkey Rhubarb, Come to Daddy and Windowlicker - in ascending order of brilliance) and his 2014 album Syro is nothing short of a masterpiece. Ambient 85-92 is mostly good and his Analord series is interesting, if not always successful.

And nobody programs rhythm quite as well as he does, although many have tried. Very few could compose something as beautiful as 'Flim'.

Might have guessed but I really, really like Aphex Twin. Even his old work from the 90s (specifically The Richard D James Album, the Windowlicker EP and 'Flim' from Come to Daddy) could have been released yesterday and he'd still sound ahead of the curve.

I was thinking about doing this to a photo.
IMG_0057_zpspdukjn41.jpg

Aphex Twin is somewhat close to a deity. Would that suffice?

The Richard D James album is brilliant, his 90's EPs are great (Donkey Rhubarb, Come to Daddy and Windowlicker - in ascending order of brilliance) and his 2014 album Syro is nothing short of a masterpiece. Ambient 85-92 is mostly good and his Analord series is interesting, if not always successful.

And nobody programs rhythm quite as well as he does, although many have tried. Very few could compose something as beautiful as 'Flim'.

Might have guessed but I really, really like Aphex Twin. Even his old work from the 90s (specifically The Richard D James Album, the Windowlicker EP and 'Flim' from Come to Daddy) could have been released yesterday and he'd still sound ahead of the curve.
Interesting, I got the SAW85-92 album on vinyl for my 16th birthday: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZ5WS-Nsg2I

Personally I really dislike Syro, I think it's just noise.

Anyway, sorry for being so inactive, had a lot of work. Got some iGCSE results early too - A in maths and A* in French :D

Back