Post your Gig Pics

The D-vice is an inferior mount, though, compared to the mount on the 604, in my opinion. Can’t really define why, other than it just doesn’t feel as secure.
Agreed. Mine feel like they’re on the verge of the gooseneck falling off at any moment. They are also a pain to put on and the spring-loaded claw is deadly.

I’ve resorted to using either of these, with a preference for the Lewitt :

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/DTP40MT--lewitt-dtp-40-mt-microphone-mount-for-drums

Or

No knobs or springs to fiddle with and flexible positioning.

• Like!!
Reactions: RVC
Agreed. Mine feel like they’re on the verge of the gooseneck falling off at any moment. They are also a pain to put on and the spring-loaded claw is deadly.

I’ve resorted to using either of these, with a preference for the Lewitt :

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/DTP40MT--lewitt-dtp-40-mt-microphone-mount-for-drums

Or

No knobs or springs to fiddle with and flexible positioning.
Thank you very much for those suggestions! Will be checking out the Lewitt as soon as I can.

*EDIT* - @ineedaclutch, I ordered the Lewitt immediately after I responded to your post/link. It looks just like the e604 clip, but with the modification to allow a normal mic clip to attach. Looks like a winning design and the price was right. Thanks again! 🙏

Last edited:
From another cramped quarters duo gig yesterday. Since I’ve lost a bunch of weight, I’ve noticed I’m smiling a lot more during gigs. Probably not a coincidence, methinks. 🙂 This was the second gig with the 18” 602 Thin Flat, and it was even more appropriate for this venue than the country club gig the night before. I’m gonna get a TON of use out of this cymbal.

IMG_3815.jpeg

Downtown ("Uptown") Charlotte, NC (backline kit)....

RR-charlotte1_sm.jpgRR-charlotte4_sm.jpgRR-charlotte3_sm.jpg

Then they asked us to play in the "Pianodrome," which is a room built entirely of pianos in an old church. But since I had no drums (backline), I used my brushes/sticks on our guitarist's banjo. I had no idea what I was going to play until we were in the moment. Lol. The acoustics in that room were PHENOMENAL! It was the strangest, yet coolest gig I've ever played in 35 years....

RR_pianodrome-charlotte3_sm.jpgRR_pianodrome-charlotte4_sm.jpgRR_pianodrome-charlotte2_sm.jpgRR_pianodrome-charlotte5_sm.jpgRR_pianodrome-charlotte6_sm.jpg

Ready to roll at a good ol’ fashioned honkytonk in Oildale, which is the armpit of Bakersfield, which is the armpit of California! :ROFLMAO: 🤠

Not sure I’d put the Korn dude on the same walls as Merle and Buck, but I guess he’s a part of the Bakersfield music legacy, too, for better or worse.

Gonna give the 18 Thin Flat a little more vigorous workout tonight. The bamboo snare is pretty locked in. Must be the honeymoon phase, but I don’t have any desire at the moment to grab anything else.

IMG_3833.jpeg

IMG_3832.jpeg

man you live in Heaven; that's the "old" California the "wild wild west" California; Oil rigs
and Gold Mines.. (it seems like!

Last edited:
"Sam Elliot" Sam Peckenpaw
sam-elliott-big-lebowski-654x1014.jpg

born Sacramento

Reactions: RVC
Last night at the Oildale honkytonk followed by today out at a nature conservatory private event in the hills north of L.A. What a beautiful place to set up and play some music.
🙏 ❤️

Tonight is the gig with the guy from The Voice. Livin’ the dream!

IMG_3840.jpeg

IMG_3839.jpeg

My weekend: 3 days, 3 bands, 3 kits

Friday with my all-female band at the historic Rialto Theater. Packed house and the sound guy loved my setup. I went with Paiste Masters crashes for this room. Ludwig Legacy Mahogany kit....

image_50458369_sm.jpgimage_50428161_sm.jpgimage_50391809.JPGimage_50398977.JPG

Saturday festival with a southern rock band. My first time taking the Ludwig hammered bronze snare. My favorite kit (Classic Maple)....

image_50450433_sm.jpgimage_50729473_sm.jpg

Sunday - a run-through rehearsal with a Stevie Nicks tribute. Ludwig Classic 6-ply. I had Cameron at Brownie Drums make custom inlays for the bass drum hoops to match my snare. I wanted a "gold dust" theme. He knocked it out of the park....

image_50742529_sm.jpg
image_50457345_sm.jpg

Three gigs this weekend, another busy one

First up an outdoor gig on Saturday afternoon in town for a little music festival, as expected it rained on and off. Used the venues kit, so not much to load in and out. IMG_7597.jpeg63823a28-dac2-4f8f-91d5-cbb9c1fa9e38.jpeg

Then it was time to head home, walk the dogs and get the rest of my gear to travel to Bristol for the evenings late gig

IMG_7601.jpeg

Then on Sunday it was the 3rd and final gig of the weekend over in the Forest of Dean for another afternoon outdoor gig

It didn’t rain this time but the floor in our area was covered in mud, so my carpet needs a good clean as it’s filthy.

IMG_7604.jpeg

Back