Overrated Drummers -who's on your list? Steve Gadd?

After Vegemite was sold off to the US, Australian entrepreneur Dick Smith created AussieMite. It tastes almost the same but is all Aust made. Personally, I'm into organic crap so I prefer Freedom's VegeSpread, which also tastes more or less the same. My older sister dated an American in the 70s and I was shocked at the blasphemy when he said it looked and tasted like axle grease - overrated :)

Sure Steve Gadd re-uses licks. Does he re-use them more than other greats? Or do people just pay more attention?

A poor substitute to 'the king of mites'. Vegemite.

Marmite was invented first. Vegemite is the substitute. They got on the bandwagon a few years later :D. I love my jar of marmite and must admit I've not tasted Vegemite. I'm sure it's very nice but it looks much thicker to spread.

I will say, your Tim Tam biscuits are awesome and much better than our Penguins.

I like how the original list got converted into a peanut butter sandwich list. We should check if the bassplayer - author's descriptions still stand :)

Jiff peanut butter. Smooth, not crunchy.

Sure Steve Gadd re-uses licks. Does he re-use them more than other greats? Or do people just pay more attention?

And he plays the hell out of them. They always sound - feel perfect. The author actually said "there's no air between his notes"...?! Has he ever really listened to Gadd?

And Hal Blaine was "equally godawful in everything he played"..?!

Yeah, the whole article was trolling and Bo is right...pure comedy, although unintended,

I honestly believe I should be on the list. After shows, some people (non drummers) say I played amazingly. But really it was only ok. Then there is one local drummer, that I feel is way better than me, going crazy over the simple things I do.

If I was famous, I would be the Meg White of thrash!
Because I play like a peanut butter sandwich.

The only contribution I can think of to this thread is that I have eaten a peanut butter sandwich while playing drums.

It's true.

The only contribution I can think of to this thread is that I have eaten a peanut butter sandwich while playing drums.

It's true.

Ate a burrito one time while playing a song with only my feet. People who were outside thought I was doing some really cool stylistic bass drum and hat work not realizing that I was actually just being lazy and eating a burrito. I got a kick out of that.

"Did you just eat a burrito through that whole song?"

It's true.

Ate a burrito one time while playing a song with only my feet. People who were outside thought I was doing some really cool stylistic bass drum and hat work not realizing that I was actually just being lazy and eating a burrito. I got a kick out of that.

"Did you just eat a burrito through that whole song?"

I played one handed while drinking beer, playing the song who's lyrics are in my sig.

Marmite was invented first. Vegemite is the substitute. They got on the bandwagon a few years later :D. .

Perhaps so. But Vegemite will go down in rock 'n' roll history, thanks to a certain band called Men At Work.

It would be fun to play while eating breadsticks but actually pretending the breadsticks were your drumsticks and then eating them

Travis Barker is overrated IMO, but not by much. A lot of the new blink stuff was pretty good

Why is Lars on this list - he's not OVERrated per say, everyone knows his skill :p

Steve Gadd 4 sure . And " Merlin5 " Anyone who thinks Buddy Rich should be on such a list cant be worth a sh-t .

Not Gadd but it's Max Weinberg he likened to a peanut butter sandwich.

Also why aren't Buddy Rich and Dave Weckl on that list. Clearly the worst players to have ever picked up sticks. Can't keep time, no chops. Honestly, that white haired Korean drummer Kwon Soon Keun playing 'My Way' at a wedding runs circles around them. Just the stick twirls alone are a masterclass.

Steve Gadd 4 sure . And " Merlin5 " Anyone who thinks Buddy Rich should be on such a list cant be worth a sh-t .

It's honourable that you resurrected a 2 year old thread to defend Buddy, but I'm pretty sure Merlin5's post was dripping with more sarcasm than a PB&J sandwich on hot toast drips butter.

Where I come from, people go nuts over Nutella & banana crepes.

Back