Oleo jam

I'm not in a position to give you constructive criticism, as this is not a genre I'm versed in, but it did sound good, especially considering the context. I can't offer more than - I enjoyed it :)

I listened to the first minute only but the group sounded good and the drumming seem to fit all parts.

WDNA sounds like a radio station for Medical Lab workers.

Really nice job, man! I enjoyed it. You have a nice feel for the music. I like your swing and I like the way you comp. You play nice and relaxed and the feel is really good. I dug the fours you traded near the end, too. Focusing on being musical and doing what fits the music.

Only a couple of items from the constructive criticism standpoint: I did notice the tempo slowed down as the tune progressed. There was also a point where you switched ride cymbals during the trumpet solo. There's no law against that, but I prefer to hear a change in ride surface when the solo instrument changes.

This was a really nice performance. Good job!

@8mile thanks for the kind words! Yeah i noticed that when I was listening! The pianist swung so hard haha I'm not used to a player swinging so hard and that led to me dragging! Thanks again for the criticism

keep commenting guys! thanks

I thought the drums were too loud, especially the Ride and Hihat. Also, they were kinda busy in some parts against what the soloists were playing, but they sounded like they did not have that much experience, so there was not much you could get from them anyway. The piano was buried in the video, gotta play REAL quiet for a piano to be heard with all of it's dynamics and tone. A flat ride usually does the trick cheap, especially if the piano is not miked up. Generally, if you can't hear everything the piano is doing, you are too loud. Keep it up, and listen as much as possible.

@12x7, thanks for the advice! One thing, do you think the volume issue could be because the speakers are on the opposite side of me? Considering i'm the closest instrument to the camera.

Keep commenting!

Back