New bearing edges!

I just wish it wasn’t so difficult and expensive for most people to get their edges redone. Shipping a drum kit is no joke for effort and cost, and very few people have a good edge person nearby. Heck there are two guys “in my town” but they are both a 45 minute drive away, and one of them is a jerk. But I think a large percentage of drummers would benefit from customizing or repairing their edges.

I’m recutting my old a Slingerlands soon , partly to mess with the purists on the FB group … They went nuts when I stuffed my lugs with felt ….
I have a 3-ply Slingerland snare from 1958 that's in great condition, but it sounds boxy. I've thought about having the edges recut.

Would I rather have an unmodified drum that retains it's "full value".....or do I want a drum that actually sounds good? I think I would prefer the latter tbh.

I have a 3-ply Slingerland snare from 1958 that's in great condition, but it sounds boxy. I've thought about having the edges recut.

Would I rather have an unmodified drum that retains it's "full value".....or do I want a drum that actually sounds good? I think I would prefer the latter tbh.

I'd thought about this with a vintage Slingerland snare I once owned. Instead, I sold it as it was and then bought something I liked from the start.

Back