NAMM SHOW 2011 Pictorial from SoCalMike

Very nice! Liked the DW wraps and Neil Peart drums (the big kits are not for me though, but is a good example of DW's innovation and showmanship!) Loved the Craviotto snare collection. I am glad that Gretsch continues to innovate. Tama, Truth, GMS, Pearl and Peace continue to impress. Trick has a kit that is truly one of a kind! Thanks for hosting!

GJS

Nice pictorial Mike!
I noticed something on the SJC pics.
In the pic with the extended front bass drum hoop ,Is the snare drum in the pic made from a automotive rim or was it machined to look like that? And could you tell whether it was steel or aluminum.

Was anyone able to "test" it and what did it sound like? Just wondering as i have been working on something simular.

Thanks

Yeah Baby! DJ Drums are represented on the NAMM! I love those drums to death, I have a 7 piece that's actually been played by Mike Portnoy.
So my fav. picture of the NAMM is:
IMG_0467.jpg

Thanks Guys!!
Bernhard had a blast had more pictures but some just didn't look good and I deleted them..........

Thanks for the pic's Mike. That last photo with the two girls, tough call huh! Thanks for taking one for the team, lol.

As for that puppy puke finished Spaun, must be one of the worst finishes I've ever seen. Yuk!

Back