My Precious Mapex M-Birch Tourer (:

awww that sucks, i hate metal and would be annoyed with that. i dont even have a local drum shop nearest is london. over 1 hr trip

couldnt you just order it. idrums.co.uk and wembleydrumcentre.com are 2 pretty good sites.

I usually use a site called GAK.com if i'm doing online shopping, sooooo much cheaper than wembly drum centre and other places i know of.

i have used it abit but i ordered a metronome amonth ago and it aint come yet. yook a month gor my bros gyutar to arrive, in stock. guess it varies and ive had bad luck

I have to admit, their prices are insanely good, but their postage kinda lets them down which is a shame really as it's the only fault i've found with them.

i just wish guitar ventre was here the dw 9000 hardware pack lookd good was never offered here.

sometimes i find wembley has better prices depends what your buying.

Thanks Boomstick! And thats exactly my point, it wasn't the same money as something like a dw or a high range ludwig, but i absolutely love the sound these produce, and i guess ultimately the reason for it's insanely low price was because it's a mapex who haven't always produced the quality in kits that they do today :p And as i said before the toms are kinda to the left of the bass drum (from drum throne) now so i'll post some more pics soonish. I'm off to a friends tonight with my snare to get some pictures taken all around the countryside :L

... as you know all k-customs are hand hammered and so all sound differently...
Actually, no K Customs are hand hammered. It's computer controlled machine hammering with a somewhat randomized pattern of hammer strokes.

Great cymbals though, and a nice kit.

Lol my bad sorry, but the random hammering must have the same sort of effect as hand hammering?

Lol my bad sorry, but the random hammering must have the same sort of effect as hand hammering?
Of course, but the effect is not as profound, especially since the basic shape of the cymbal is made by stamping and then it's additionally hammered, instead of the cymbal being hammered into shape from a blank.

Okay i should have a gig at my school on the 21st which i have a friend recording, so should be youtubing the videos of it :]

Well guys i have a dw9000 coming that i got on ebay for £162 in mint condition :D Can't wait till this baby arrives!

Okay well on wednesday last week my dw 9000 arrived off of ebay, i'd been looking at this pedal for a while after feeling my iron cobras feeling slightly sluggish, also i play 9000's at everyone of my drums lessons and just love the feel of them. So i bought this off ebay for £162 used and as you can see from the pictures...it's basically new! :D

Enjoy, George.

Attachments

• DSCF0013.jpg
    DSCF0013.jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 1,260
  • DSCF0014.jpg
    DSCF0014.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 1,251
  • DSCF0015.jpg
    DSCF0015.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 1,249
  • DSCF0016.jpg
    DSCF0016.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 1,264
And please dont do the "oh your 15 you shouldnt have nice gear" as i buy all of my gear from my own money, and get rather offended :/ I dunno if it happens on this site or not.

sweet george. going to singels now are we

your 15 why do you have nice gear ;)

love my 9000 got my double from america for just under twice that without shipping bloody tax (damn our selfish government) so its a good price id say. howd ya like it.

And please dont do the "oh your 15 you shouldnt have nice gear" as i buy all of my gear from my own money, and get rather offended :/ I dunno if it happens on this site or not.

I think it's okay as long as you're not all smug about it and dissing on others who don't have such nice gear as you. That's a really terrible thing to do.

sweet george. going to singels now are we

your 15 why do you have nice gear ;)

love my 9000 got my double from america for just under twice that without shipping bloody tax (damn our selfish government) so its a good price id say. howd ya like it.

Well i think i've always preferred a single for ease of hi hat setup etc, and i just love this thing to pieces, i treasure all of my gear greatly and believe that i got incredibly lucky to have all of the nice gear i have.

And EH, i dont believe in knocking other people down because of gear, as gear is only one half of the experience that is drumming, the other half being of course the drumming itself.

Thanks as always Mr bling ;)

Many thanks, George.

Heres some pics of the kit in it's latest setup, notice the incredibly stylish footwear ;)

George.

Attachments

• DSCF0024.jpg
    DSCF0024.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 1,186
  • DSCF0023.jpg
    DSCF0023.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 1,197
  • DSCF0021.jpg
    DSCF0021.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 1,205
  • DSCF0019.jpg