my pearls :D

just moved thigs about a little. put tom on snare stand that used to hold my fan £90 that was just sitting there thougt id use it plus makes tom lower. also means that i had to put hats back to the left of the DB pedal and crash over a tad, and put in a china to play around with.

Attachments

• P2129_21-12-09.jpg
    P2129_21-12-09.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 404
  • P2130_21-12-09.jpg
    P2130_21-12-09.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 406
  • P2131[01]_21-12-09.jpg
    P2131[01]_21-12-09.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 410
  • P2131_21-12-09.jpg
    P2131_21-12-09.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 402
just noticed that even my b8 cymbals dont look too bad in that light really need to get rid of them :/

ive got a new china :D

zildjian oriental 18" got it for £80 on ebay just some logo wear and finger prints the usual

Attachments

• P2017_12-01-10.jpg
    P2017_12-01-10.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 338
  • P2016_12-01-10.jpg
    P2016_12-01-10.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 344
Thats a tidy looking kit you've got there fella! Congrats on the Zildjian China, those things are intense. The B8 crashes are fine too but since you look to be replacing your cymbals over time anyway then I would wholely recommend Sabian AAX stage crashes. I've got a 16" and an 18" and I can't recommend them enough!

Keep on rocking!

thanks ill think about em i currently have it narrowed down to 2002 crashes a custom crashes or aax dark and an xplosion and im going to go try some out in february, now some more to try out :p

also wanna get an eliminator

SUFC.loyal I think you will find that this is a drumming fourm!! Der!!!
Football is another thing. Lol, mind you some people are easily confused!!

UP THE SHRIMPERS. sufc

Good man!!!!

thanks ill think about em i currently have it narrowed down to 2002 crashes a custom crashes or aax dark and an xplosion and im going to go try some out in february, now some more to try out :p

also wanna get an eliminator

Ahhh thats cool - quite a good selection there buddy. I've also got 17" and 18" A Custom crashes and they are fantastic live but I prefer not to use them for recording. The Sabians seem to be better as an all-rounder. Eliminator is a good choice aswell although I must admit I'm more of an Iron Cobra fan!

SUFC.loyal I think you will find that this is a drumming fourm!! Der!!!
Football is another thing. Lol, mind you some people are easily confused!!

Hey hes just excited as he is one of my Southend Brethren! Theres only about 160,000 people in Southend so its quite nice to bump into another one on the forums!!

Eliminator is a good choice aswell although I must admit I'm more of an Iron Cobra fan!

hhm yr but i do prefere elims and every ic ive played i cant get along with especially the hi hat stands

now i am annoyed after having never brokoen a cymbal in 5~ years playing ive broken my first cymbal.

closely followed by me second my 2 poor sabian b8 and b8 pro 16" thin crashes they were pretty old im sure the pro was 10 years old :p

but at least ive got an excuse to buy some paiste 2002 crashes 18 and 20 " just gotta find some £££

Sorry to hear you broke some cymbals recently. I really like your set up. Nice looking kit. Always liked that wine red color on the Exports.

Sorry I cannot hear your band, my pc has no sound.

thts fine would ideally like as many people as possible to hear it but you know :p

im nearly there with waht im looking at having
hopefully once ive gt my crashes i will get some elims and a hi hat stand then a ludwig black beauty finally some dw 9000 stands and 2 dw 9000 snare stands but thts just an extra

You'll get there. Just like one day I will get a decent pc. The pc I own is an old workhorse from a govt department donated to me by a bass player friend who fixed it up for me.

I checked out your band man. Some definate props to your playing! I like that you keep it fairly simple most of the time, theres no overplaying which suits the style of music very well.

Also sorry to hear about your crashes - I've not broken a cymbal in 10 years of playing and I'm quite a hard hitter, so I'm dreading breaking my first one (seeing as my cheapest crash cost me £140!). As Yung said though, you'll get there in the end!

Cheers :)

Well hey, another export user.

Glad to know I'm not the only one on this forum who uses the reportedly "low-end" Pearl kit.

I like your set-up, I've been a fan of the one-up-two-down thing.

And I have a question: How does the AA raw bell ride sound? I've been thinking of looking into Sabian rides.

Well hey, another export user.

Glad to know I'm not the only one on this forum who uses the reportedly "low-end" Pearl kit.

I like your set-up, I've been a fan of the one-up-two-down thing.

And I have a question: How does the AA raw bell ride sound? I've been thinking of looking into Sabian rides.

yr it was a good first kit want a dw still :p

i dont think ill ever play another set up again 1 up 2 down is where its at. i lik the aa but i now think its the worst of the raw bells my favorite is the aax

I checked out your band man. Some definate props to your playing! I like that you keep it fairly simple most of the time, theres no overplaying which suits the style of music very well.

Also sorry to hear about your crashes - I've not broken a cymbal in 10 years of playing and I'm quite a hard hitter, so I'm dreading breaking my first one (seeing as my cheapest crash cost me £140!). As Yung said though, you'll get there in the end!

Cheers :)

hey thanks i get some stick from a few people i know for what they feel is underplaying. annoyed about the cymbals but im over it i guess not to much difference just when i get some 2" cracks ill have to take action really need cash :/

Unfortunately there is a fine line between underplaying and playing for the song. Not everyone realises this and just thinks you should be soloing 24/7. Do whats comfortable for you man and as I say, credit wheres credit due...I think you are pretty good! Trust me I've been to many a gig where the drummers have absolutely ripped into the kit all night and its been epic. I've also been to many a gig where the drummers have ripped into the kit all night and its been a disaster - they do stuff that doesnt flow, fit the song and all that jazz.

Do what you are comfortable with man...it seems to be working a treat from those recordings! Only critical thing I would say is that quality of the drum recording isn't fantastic - certain things aren't balanced very well but then again you are only young and arent on a superstar budget so its to be expected!

Cheers man.

cheers for the vote of cinfidence the recording was £180 i think if you check out somojo my guitarist uploaded our full songs

i took some pics of the cracks one of them has ripped alot more and now folds. the last image was what it was like before this new tearing.

Attachments

• P1530_24-01-10.jpg
    P1530_24-01-10.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 284
  • P1531_24-01-10.jpg
    P1531_24-01-10.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 282
  • P2237_22-01-10.jpg
    P2237_22-01-10.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 274
  • P2238_22-01-10.jpg
    P2238_22-01-10.jpg