Muso movies

Re: Great music movies

And the other "music movie" I think about right now is that one with this goof-guy (don't know his name) who's a middle-aged drummer and tours with a bunch of kids.. and drummed naked.. Anyway, don't even mind watching it, it's totally stupid. (and actually kinda makes us look like idiots).

Cheers

i think i know which one your talking about. The Rocker believe its called. the one with the guy from the office.

Tenacious D and the pick of destiny is one of my personal favorites, the part when Jack Black thinks Sasquatch is his dad gets me every time haha

And the else "penalization picture" I opine nearly faction now is that one with this goof-guy (don't couple his kinfolk) who's a middle-aged drummer and tours with a form of kids.. and drummed unassisted.. Anyway, don't flatbottom manage watching it, it's totally gormless. (and actually kinda makes us visage equivalent idiots).

yeah, Treme rules!! ROCK STAR KICKED ASS, any movie with jason bonham in it is going to! surprised no one mentioned "ray", "mister holland's opus", "fantasia", "the soloist", "that thing you do", "the temptations", "almost famous" and "walk the line", guess i'm the first-lol. bye bye birdie was great, august rush, mary poplins (loved the music), oh "the doors" with val kilmer (you would thought it WAS jim!), hi fidelity, PIRATE RADIO, phantom of the opera, saturday night fever (guilty pleasure-lol), this is spinal tap was soooo epic! a mighty wind was great too (same folks who did spinal tap), Friday, hustle and flow, poetic justice (with janet jackson and 2pac, 'nuff said) NEW YORK NEW YORK (scorsese, liza minelli, de niro c'mon!), Amadeus rules, and the Wedding Singer-lol. those are the ones that elate me!! check them out!!

Last edited:

phantom of the paradise...De Palma film, Paul Williams sound trac.

Yes! Though everyone I show it to looks at me kind of funny afterwards. Tommy also has that over the top 70's thing going- except it's kind of unwatchable aside from Pinball Wizard, Acid Queen, and I'm Free.

Purple Rain, Monterey Pop, Let There Be Rock, and Gimme Shelter are also great. Godard's Sympathy For The Devil and the Metallica movie are both pretty educational- the bands come off as kind of clueless early on, and it takes a lot of hammering things out to finish the respective classic track/product.

Oh, and Baby Snakes.

Duh!!! I mean that in a funny way!
Peace Dude

True enough but let me explain. Oh never mind.....

What I meant was.....

For instance.....

Tarantino's movies always have great soundtracks, music makes movies. Spielberg spends a lot of time on it. Can't imagine Apocalypse Now without Wagner's Ride of the Valkyries....

But seriously, Ghost Dog Way of the Samurai has awesome music in it.

But if I must use a Music Movie Reference, then Crossroads.... and any movie with Milli Vanilli, The Other Beethoven..... :)

Spinal Tap and Anatomy Of A Murder. The latter is a great film, and has an excellent soundtrack by and a cameo from Duke Ellington.

I kind of like the funky 70's style music in the newer Oceans 11 movies. The Austin Powers movies music was cheesy cool. Also anything by Danny Elfman.

BTW, Treme totally ROCKS! Ok, it's really a TV show and swings more than rock but the music is nothing short of fantastic. Part of the story line this year includes recording sessions with Dr. John, Ron Carter and the great Carl Allen on drums. They also usually do a club seen each week with a famous artist. My favorite this year was John Hiat. If you have not seen this show yet you should really watch a few episodes. The first rate writing will have you hooked.

Anyone ever seen Singles? Early sound garden and pearl jam appearances. Decent movie too.

"Round Midnight" must be one of the greatest jazz movies ever made (and it was made by a Frenchman, quelle horreur!)... And I loved "The Fabulous Baker Boys" and "Mo' Better Blues"..

Dutch

Standing in the shadows of Motown. The story of the Funk Brothers.
Respect yourself, The Stax records story. Off the chart, both get a five star review from me.

("Karate Kid" - Old Asian Guy - Karate) + Old Black Guy + Guitars = Crossroads!

And yea, I saw that Anvil movie a few weeks ago on Netflix, was pretty good. There's a movie on there about the Minutemen that's pretty good too. And that one about the Norwegian Black Metal (more about the criminal aspect than the music though).

Probably Let It Be, which is really a documentary in music-making. Of course Hard Days Night.

Back