More Carter McLean/Charlie Hunter Trio Goodness

I 'SO' want to be able to play like Carter. Every time he puts out a new video, I do my best to steal/borrow/learn something.

Carter hits me like a guy who has slain all his dragons, as it relates to his playing, meaning he is way past the need to impress people, he found his technique...he's completely comfortable with time, with himself, he knows what to do, and how to allow himself to be himself, with damn near 100% honesty....as a baseline lol. Then he applies his musical ideals to the drumset. Brilliant.

It's so refreshing to see a guy who completely kills it without being a hot dog.

What a tasteful, tasteful player Carter is.

Carter hits me like a guy who has slain all his dragons, as it relates to his playing, meaning he is way past the need to impress people, he found his technique...he's completely comfortable with time, with himself, he knows what to do, and how to allow himself to be himself, with damn near 100% honesty....as a baseline lol. Then he applies his musical ideals to the drumset. Brilliant.

It's so refreshing to see a guy who completely kills it without being a hot dog.

What a tasteful, tasteful player Carter is.

I like that within a few moments of listening I could pick up on his "style" and the various subtleties of the playing. Really cool "almost late" vibe to some of the grooves, and I mean that as a 100% compliment, not a bash on the timekeeping.

Weird band, too. I keep looking for he bass player that I can clearly hear!

All I get from that link is:

"
This video has been removed by the user.
Sorry about that.
"

Yummm that last video Spleeeen!!! Just comes in and...wonderful. Wow this guy is nice! New hero for me, thanks for sharing these.

Ur right Uncle Larry, no hot dogging here, no need when ur this smooth. Im gona call this guy The Butler....he just servicing the music on a different level!

Thanks for the kind words yall!!! That "Butler" quote had me cracking up ha ha. I am here to serve the music.......that IS true. Cheers

Ha glad I could make u smile, was meant as the highest compliment! Wonderful playing, look forward to hearing more. An honor having you on here and responding, thanks man

Back