Let's Talk Definitions

A well thought out point....and I'm not trying to be difficult, but respectfully, I'm not so sure. From what I can gather, music is subjective. If that is indeed the case, then that means you can't pigeon hole it, because it's different things to different people. I think. Kind of like beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I want to say it's the same principle. Thoughts?

Also, just throwing this out there to anyone who has an opinion...Can you have music without sound?

It may be true that it's a subjective opinion of what constitutes music, but I like to think that in my heart the word means to me more than the freedom of being a disposable concept.

The etymology of the word deserves respect because it's built on ideas which have lasted through time.

I think maybe, you can have music without sound, but there would have to have been sound in the first place to give it perspective, and then it would only be an interpretation of music, so maybe then you can't have music without sound.

I think I remember Bieber was once a talented musician, but I guess he fell into the waste bin.

Back