Let's see your Cases

While Heineken is a great beer on a hot day - of which there should be ample supply in Florida - I urge you to try out Grolsch. That's probably the finest beer from Holland... and it's brewed in "my" city.

haha, I just wanted to say that :)

I also don't have money for cases or bags, I normally use blankets.

Bram

While Heineken is a great beer on a hot day - of which there should be ample supply in Florida - I urge you to try out Grolsch. That's probably the finest beer from Holland... and it's brewed in "my" city.

Heineken or Grolsch...........if I only had a dollar for everytime I've deliberated that decision!!

Speaking of locally made, no pics but I use Ragone drum cases for my kit and hardware (made here in Melbourne). They were the bomb 18 years ago when I bought them, but there are far better products these days. RIMS mounts are a pain to get in and no wheels on the trap case don't make for an easy trip, but they do the job.
I also use SKB for my cymbals and two snares and another four snares are kept in Hardcase cases. Both SKB and Hardcase are classic examples of the "far better products" I was talking about!!

I decided on soft cases (Gator) because I'm only playing very small time local these days. No need to spend a bomb. Nothing could possibly happen, right?

So, just weeks after buying my new kit I'm carrying them down the stairs from my block of flats - just six steps. Well, old clumsy here decides to lose her balance and the kick drum falls and hits the brick fence. Now I have a mark on the side of my shiny new bass drum.

The irony is that I decided to do things more properly this time. It's a big step up from my "serious" gigging days - old blankets held in place with masking tape. I was a bit feral back then and didn't care, but I never marked my old kit as badly ... at least until I crashed the car on a wet night driving to a gig.

Maybe Caddy's friend is on to something? It's like not insuring your car; that sure makes you stay vigilant. Terrible risk management but I guess some people prefer to ride their luck - and their nerves.

DMC, even your cases look wonderful! Still, your lovely kit deserves to be protected.

The combo of Gator Cases and Protechtor Cases truly offer something for everyone. I use the Gator soft bags mostly but purchased a snare Protechtor case which has worked out great. Also have the Gator drum cart which is a great value. Will post pics later!

To topic though... I have a hardcase hardcase for my Unix. Other than that I take some little dents in my kit for granted - I am not particularly rich (The unix was a graduation gift from my parents when I got my BSc degree) so I can't afford hardcases all around.

Edit: pictures

6qh1tv.jpg

vzda2a.jpg

Solid Cases man, are they expensive?

To topic though... I have a hardcase hardcase for my Unix. Other than that I take some little dents in my kit for granted - I am not particularly rich (The unix was a graduation gift from my parents when I got my BSc degree) so I can't afford hardcases all around.

vzda2a.jpg

Hardcase rules. They cost as much as good quality soft cases. I can toss my drums around without fear. Unfortunately, they are not sold in the US anymore. The is an 18 bass drum case at a local music store for $55 but I don't need that. I got an 18 floor tom case and cut it down and modified it to carry my Hang drum, which is delicate and susceptible to being knocked out of tune.

I decided on soft cases (Gator) because I'm only playing very small time local these days. No need to spend a bomb. Nothing could possibly happen, right?

So, just weeks after buying my new kit I'm carrying them down the stairs from my block of flats - just six steps. Well, old clumsy here decides to lose her balance and the kick drum falls and hits the brick fence. Now I have a mark on the side of my shiny new bass drum.

The irony is that I decided to do things more properly this time. It's a big step up from my "serious" gigging days - old blankets held in place with masking tape. I was a bit feral back then and didn't care, but I never marked my old kit as badly ... at least until I crashed the car on a wet night driving to a gig.

Maybe Caddy's friend is on to something? It's like not insuring your car; that sure makes you stay vigilant. Terrible risk management but I guess some people prefer to ride their luck - and their nerves.

DMC, even your cases look wonderful! Still, your lovely kit deserves to be protected.

Sorry to hear about your bass drum. One of my toms collapsed on by bass drum last year and it bent the tom's rim flange a little bit. The bass drum has a little tiny nick in it that isn't very visible. Ironwood is gnarly stuff. I mainly have the hard cases to protect the single-point tube lugs, which are fairly fragile.

Oh that sucks that they aren't sold in the us. im looking into purchasing Pearl Refs n=and im gonna need some more cases and i dont really feel like using softcases on those puppies no matter how good the cases are lol

Oh that sucks that they aren't sold in the us. im looking into purchasing Pearl Refs n=and im gonna need some more cases and i dont really feel like using softcases on those puppies no matter how good the cases are lol

You can go with SKB but they're a lot more expensive, although they are made in the US. Hardcases are made in England too. Go to www.hardcase.com and see if they are available in the US again or sometimes you can find music distributors who have access to remaining supplies.

I have an SKB trap case and a Humes and Berg cymbal case. I had a Hardcase cymbal case once but I think the Humes gives much better protection. The SKB trap case was spendy but it has a few more features, like molded handles and a retractable handle. Those things add to the cost and make SKB more expensive.

Hardcase rules. They cost as much as good quality soft cases. I can toss my drums around without fear.

Not about to try that... but I think I heard you mention this before. Good to know that Hardcase really is up to the job when the spit hits the fan.
Last friday I took my Unix in the hardcase on the back of my bicycle (I'm Dutch, so... bicyclo ergo sum) to show it to some pupils of mine.

No pictures as mine are packed in my truck ready to go to practice tonight. I use Humes & Berg Enduro hard cases for all drums. Protection Racket soft cases for everything else. I currenly don't protect my rack as I leave it mostly set up to make things faster. Protection Racket cases are superb, unless you're constantly touring using third party trucking companies. When I used to tour extensively I had everything in foam cutout aluminium flight cases. Very impractical for personal transport but the only option for trucking.

Yeah there's nothing better then flight cases for 100% protection lol but yes i agree not the best to but in the back of a car or van lol

just purchased this bad boy, i think it's considered a case...........

Attachments

• 000_08792.jpg
    000_08792.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 1,388
Back