Kick drum mic system that mounts to the kick drum itself?

If you end up putting a mic inside, it can just live there with its cable coming out of the hole. There'd rarely be a need to reach in and fuss with it. Bermuda

Ditto. Two mic feed sheathed together as a single cable coming out of a 2-inch port.

Attachments

• SHUdual4LoRes.jpg
    SHUdual4LoRes.jpg
    225.6 KB · Views: 114
  • Reso&2%22PortLoRes450dpi.jpg
    Reso&2%22PortLoRes450dpi.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 113
Ok, so I tried to find the right Allen key that fits a standard Pork Pie lug in order to mount an internal kick drum mic holder thing.

None of these fit.

52601997_10219021229982262_472656374921166848_n.jpg

I've decided just to throw a mic boom stand into my hardware case and run with it. I'll keep my mic clip with my microphone.

This is the clip used in the previous picture.

Note, it probably wouldn’t hold a really heavy mic like a B52. The screw holding the mic needs to really tight or the mic can ‘droop’ downwards. Seems more stable pointing up from the bottom rather than down from 3 o’clock. We’ve used this for 100 gigs or so.

Seems like it droops because the weight of the mic is pulling the threaded part counter-clockwise, loosening it...? Maybe try mounting it to the other side, where the weight would pull clockwise.

Curious- with the Shu (which I have) or May system- if you like the sound of micing an unported reso, could you use the internal system but turn the mic around so that it points to the reso head, and get the same tone? Has anyone here tried it?

Back