Iron Cobra 600 double pedal, left beater is loose/have play

jesusdsifuentes

Hello everyone.
i just got an used double pedal Iron Cobra 600 and noticed the left beater is loose/have play.
is the mechanism that hold the beater. when i place the spring to use it, is easy to notice the whole rod is angled.
is this common?
i uploaded a video on youtube to see what im talking about.
how anyone can help me
thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_20240121_012359.jpg
    IMG_20240121_012359.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20240121_012237.jpg
    IMG_20240121_012237.jpg
    286.6 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20240121_012839.jpg
    IMG_20240121_012839.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 1
That's normal for Tama pedals. I have Speed Cobra 900s and they do that. Some people say it's cheaply built but I think Tama pedals are really good, I've been using them since around 1984.

That's normal for Tama pedals. I have Speed Cobra 900s and they do that. Some people say it's cheaply built but I think Tama pedals are really good, I've been using them since around 1984.
i have a friend that have same model. and he does have less play.
i just replaced the bearing and same play.
thanks for the feedback. i still think its should be less play. pedal works great. but i was thinking of returning it if this is a bad indicator

I flip gear a little bit as a hobby, or as a way of trying new stuff and the 200 series are almost always wobbly where the footboard meets the heel or in the bearings, it’s true the lower line tama stuff doesn’t last and I think you’ve probably bought a flogged out pedal. It could be a connection on the shaft that connects the two pedals also.

Go and get a dw 5000 pedal and be done with it, or at least a 900 series iron cobra that you’re able to test first.

i replaced all bearings and same issue. what a bummer. i used to had a iron cobra like 15 years ago and it used to work great. a little wooble there but thinking the reason was because it was lower end product.

Fixed!
the left beater rod have 2 bearings and a retaining ring.
replaced retaining ring with an extra bearing and problem solved!

just wanted to post it here for future reference.
thanks guys!

Back