INTRODUCTIONS: Please Use This Thread To Introduce Yourself!

Hej y‘all!
Friends call me Blue Max … just turned 60 … started guitar when 11 y.o. … then organ & piano … in my High school garage band I had the first contact with a drum kit … Blue Max & Pepperland comes from the Beatles film Yellow Submarine which impressed me deeply since I was a kid … Ringo Starr, Charlie Watts, John Bonham, Jim Capaldi and Stewart Copeland are my drum hero’s … I play a Sonor Force 3000 kit in Scandinavian Birch … Made in Germany early 90s … Snare: 14“ x 16 1/2“ … Bass Drums: 20“ x 16“, 22“ x 16“, 24“ x16“ … Tom Toms: 8“ x 8“, 10“ x 9“, 12“ x 10“, 13“ x 11“, 14“ x 12“ … Stand Toms: 16“ x 16“, 18“ x 16“ … Jungle Snare 10“ x 2“ Made in China / converted to German standards … all shells are covered with Altenburger natural skins ( calf, goat and cow ) 🥁 … Cymbals: Paiste 2002 … Mega Bell 10“ … Medium Hi-Hat 14“ … Accent 4“, 6“, 8“ … Crash 16“, 18“ … China 18“ … Ride 22“ … Splash 10“ … Signature Crash fast Medium 20“ … pstx Crash 20“ … I practice, write & record my own music at home in Pepperland Studio with a little help from my friends … 😂 … R&B, Bluegrass, Country, Rock, African and Latin American influences … I live in Germany close to the Loreley … ✌🏻❤️🕊️View attachment 141207View attachment 141208View attachment 141209

welcome to the forum!!! I will bet you know your local police real well having those drums!!!!

Hej y‘all!
Friends call me Blue Max … just turned 60 … started guitar when 11 y.o. … then organ & piano … in my High school garage band I had the first contact with a drum kit … Blue Max & Pepperland comes from the Beatles film Yellow Submarine which impressed me deeply since I was a kid … Ringo Starr, Charlie Watts, John Bonham, Jim Capaldi and Stewart Copeland are my drum hero’s … I play a Sonor Force 3000 kit in Scandinavian Birch … Made in Germany early 90s … Snare: 14“ x 16 1/2“ … Bass Drums: 20“ x 16“, 22“ x 16“, 24“ x16“ … Tom Toms: 8“ x 8“, 10“ x 9“, 12“ x 10“, 13“ x 11“, 14“ x 12“ … Stand Toms: 16“ x 16“, 18“ x 16“ … Jungle Snare 10“ x 2“ Made in China / converted to German standards … all shells are covered with Altenburger natural skins ( calf, goat and cow ) 🥁 … Cymbals: Paiste 2002 … Mega Bell 10“ … Medium Hi-Hat 14“ … Accent 4“, 6“, 8“ … Crash 16“, 18“ … China 18“ … Ride 22“ … Splash 10“ … Signature Crash fast Medium 20“ … pstx Crash 20“ … I practice, write & record my own music at home in Pepperland Studio with a little help from my friends … 😂 … R&B, Bluegrass, Country, Rock, African and Latin American influences … I live in Germany close to the Loreley … ✌🏻❤️🕊️View attachment 141207View attachment 141208View attachment 141209
With a set like that, I’m surprised AC/DC hasn’t hired you to replace Chris Slade ;)

I'd like to start off by writing this first. I have not used an online forum since my teens in the early 2000's. My reason of joining this forum is because I am learning how to play drums and I have some questions I'd like to ask. I am a beginner I apologize in advance if I don't know correct terminology of things, I try to describe to the best of my abilities since English is not my main language and I will also provide pictures to get a better understanding. Im about 3 months in and Im absolutely loving it. My main type of Music I listen to and play is Metal and Punk I leave it at that I don't do the whole sub genre thing unless I am being specific. I do listen to other types of music as well but I am not a snob about it or think my musical taste is superior to others. I am just a Metal Nerd. Ive been playing guitar/bass for about 15 years, my knowledge in music theory stuff came from school but I never bothered with it, I just know what whole notes, quarter notes, half, eight, etc etc. Hope I can get some helpful advice here in this forum. I can't wait.

-Real name
Mike

-How long have you been playing?
Drums? about 3 months. Guitar? about 15 years

-Origin of user name?
My favorite type of drum rhythm is D-Beat. Really gets the adrenaline going. Its also a very, very simple beat, yet very complex

-Your top 5 drummers?
My Honest answer is, since I am new to drums I never really paid much attention to
the drum aspects or names of drummers. I do like Flo Mounier of Cryptopsy, that was
my very first introduction to gravity blasts. I also like the drummer of the band Nile, John Dolmayan of
System of a Down, Pete Sandoval of Terrorizer/Morbid Angel and Youtube drummers El Estepario Siberiano (arguably the best drummer of this age he is INSANE) and Nyango Starr

-Make of drumkit?
I own a Roland TD-07 vDrums Electric Kit

-Make of cymbal?
Roland?

Where do you practice?
*In a cave
*In the spare room of parents house
*Friends house
*studio
*Forced entry into strangers homes just to practice.

-Are you in a band?
Yes

-Do you play covers or originals?
Both

-What style of music?
Grindcore and Rock n Roll

-Favourite take out food?
Carl Jr's Double Western Cheeseburger

-What country do you live in?
I stay in Mexico

-One really odd fact about yourself?
Listening to Extreme Music requires an Extreme Lifestyle

-How did you start drumming?
When I finally made the decision and purchased the drum kit after years of blah blah blah
less talk-y more do-y

If somebody is kind enough to direct me to where I can start posting about the questions I have on Drumming and techniques and stuff I would greatly appreciate it.

I'd like to start off by writing this first. I have not used an online forum since my teens in the early 2000's. My reason of joining this forum is because I am learning how to play drums and I have some questions I'd like to ask. I am a beginner I apologize in advance if I don't know correct terminology of things, I try to describe to the best of my abilities since English is not my main language and I will also provide pictures to get a better understanding. Im about 3 months in and Im absolutely loving it. My main type of Music I listen to and play is Metal and Punk I leave it at that I don't do the whole sub genre thing unless I am being specific. I do listen to other types of music as well but I am not a snob about it or think my musical taste is superior to others. I am just a Metal Nerd. Ive been playing guitar/bass for about 15 years, my knowledge in music theory stuff came from school but I never bothered with it, I just know what whole notes, quarter notes, half, eight, etc etc. Hope I can get some helpful advice here in this forum. I can't wait.

-Real name
Mike

-Origin of user name?
My favorite type of drum rhythm is D-Beat. Really gets the adrenaline going. Its also a very, very simple beat, yet very complex

-Your top 5 drummers?
My Honest answer is, since I am new to drums I never really paid much attention to
the drum aspects or names of drummers. I do like Flo Mounier of Cryptopsy, that was
my very first introduction to gravity blasts. I also like the drummer of the band Nile, John Dolmayan of
System of a Down, Pete Sandoval of Terrorizer/Morbid Angel and Youtube drummers El Estepario Siberiano (arguably the best drummer of this age he is INSANE) and Nyango Starr

-Make of drumkit?

-Make of cymbal?
Roland?

Where do you practice?
*In a cave
*Friends house
*studio

-Are you in a band?
Yes

Both

-What style of music?

I stay in Mexico

When I finally made the decision and purchased the drum kit after years of blah blah blah
less talk-y more do-y

If somebody is kind enough to direct me to where I can start posting about the questions I have on Drumming and techniques and stuff I would greatly appreciate it.
Technique-Transcripts, etc for educational questions. Have fun!

-Real name
Mike

-Origin of user name?

-Your top 5 drummers?

-Make of drumkit?

-Make of cymbal?
Roland?

Where do you practice?
*In a cave
*Friends house
*studio

-Are you in a band?
Yes

Both

-What style of music?

I stay in Mexico

less talk-y more do-y

old school metal/punker here!!! I love D-beat stuff as well...started drumming to, and got into this stuff around 1980 with the DC Straight Edge bands and never looked back...also have been into "extreme" metal since the early 80's. I like my music short, fast and loud!!!

just start looking around at other threads and start reading, then asking questions.

I am also a band director/percussion instructor for my 9-5, so I can help with questions rooted in that area as well...rhythmic theory; hand technique; learning songs

I also play bass guitar - currently in a crossover thrashy groove punk group!!!

old school metal/punker here!!! I love D-beat stuff as well...started drumming to, and got into this stuff around 1980 with the DC Straight Edge bands and never looked back...also have been into "extreme" metal since the early 80's. I like my music short, fast and loud!!!

just start looking around at other threads and start reading, then asking questions.

I am also a band director/percussion instructor for my 9-5, so I can help with questions rooted in that area as well...rhythmic theory; hand technique; learning songs

I also play bass guitar - currently in a crossover thrashy groove punk group!!!
I love how old school death metal has no blast beats just straight tu-pa tu-pa tu-pa tu-pa (tu=kick, pa=snare)

I love how old school death metal has no blast beats just straight tu-pa tu-pa tu-pa tu-pa (tu=kick, pa=snare)

yep...not that I dislike blast beats, but man, are they overused now-a-days. I think D-beat generates WAAAYYYY more excitement

yep...not that I dislike blast beats, but man, are they overused now-a-days. I think D-beat generates WAAAYYYY more excitement
I prefer F beats. That’s where a drummer just fills all over the place with craziness and says F it.

RIP Keith ;)

I prefer F beats. That’s where a drummer just fills all over the place with craziness and says F it.

RIP Keith ;)

awesome!!!! I am using that from now on...I think Bran Dailor of Mastadon is in that camp as well

Hey there everyone. My name is Loki Moore and I’m a 20yo drummer from Richmond VA. Ive always had a kit and other instruments at my house so I’ve been playing on and off since I was 3 and got really into drumming when I was about 16, so I suppose I’ve been playing for about 4 years.i don’t know much about gear besides stands and cymbals, but I just recently bought my first “real” kit after having an unknown kit for years, im now playing on a ddrum dominion maple kit I got for $350, and im using paiste 900s (17/19 Crash, 20 ride, 14 hats, 20 china). I practice with all 7 of my projects in good ol’ Richmond Virginia. I mainly play Emo/Mathcore and sub genres that fall in those categories such as Sasscore and Emoviolence, but I also love to play some Reggae. I started drumming after seeing Norma Jean live with my dad when I was younger. It blew me away and the second we got back home I got my toddler self on that drum throne and started hitting things xD. I’m always looking to create music and join projects so feel free to hit me up about anything! Hope everyone’s doing well and had a great Holiday.

Hey there everyone. My name is Loki Moore and I’m a 20yo drummer from Richmond VA. Ive always had a kit and other instruments at my house so I’ve been playing on and off since I was 3 and got really into drumming when I was about 16, so I suppose I’ve been playing for about 4 years.i don’t know much about gear besides stands and cymbals, but I just recently bought my first “real” kit after having an unknown kit for years, im now playing on a ddrum dominion maple kit I got for $350, and im using paiste 900s (17/19 Crash, 20 ride, 14 hats, 20 china). I practice with all 7 of my projects in good ol’ Richmond Virginia. I mainly play Emo/Mathcore and sub genres that fall in those categories such as Sasscore and Emoviolence, but I also love to play some Reggae. I started drumming after seeing Norma Jean live with my dad when I was younger. It blew me away and the second we got back home I got my toddler self on that drum throne and started hitting things xD. I’m always looking to create music and join projects so feel free to hit me up about anything! Hope everyone’s doing well and had a great Holiday.

welcome to the forum from an old school punker!!!! Norma Jean is music your dad listened to...that makes me feel real old!!! I consider them the 4th wave of punk! I started with Minor Threat, Teen Idles, Bad Brains, SOA...the DC Straight Edge Hardcore when I was 11 and 12 years old! Still have been playing ,and love all of that stuff, plus all of the stuff from your dads era...Norma Jean, Strike Anywhere, Aus Rotten, Caustic Christ...and then the more recent stuff too: GEL; Rig Time; Capra; Speed of Light; Rotten Sound; Brutus....

keep it shoirt, fast and loud!!!

welcome to the forum from an old school punker!!!! Norma Jean is music your dad listened to...that makes me feel real old!!! I consider them the 4th wave of punk! I started with Minor Threat, Teen Idles, Bad Brains, SOA...the DC Straight Edge Hardcore when I was 11 and 12 years old! Still have been playing ,and love all of that stuff, plus all of the stuff from your dads era...Norma Jean, Strike Anywhere, Aus Rotten, Caustic Christ...and then the more recent stuff too: GEL; Rig Time; Capra; Speed of Light; Rotten Sound; Brutus....

keep it shoirt, fast and loud!!!
Sick! My dad was around the same age and was into it all too! I grew up with stuff from Bad Brains and Avail (Richmond wooo!) to Oktober Skyline and Tower Of Rome. my dad and I are still into all of that good stuff, 70s-90s hardcore and mid 90s-mid 00s grind/mathcore! Also i have not heard the name Aus Rotten in a while, gonna go back and listen to em now!

Sick! My dad was around the same age and was into it all too! I grew up with stuff from Bad Brains and Avail (Richmond wooo!) to Oktober Skyline and Tower Of Rome. my dad and I are still into all of that good stuff, 70s-90s hardcore and mid 90s-mid 00s grind/mathcore! Also i have not heard the name Aus Rotten in a while, gonna go back and listen to em now!

oh yeah....re: Aus Rotten...that mid 2000's Pittsburgh HC was awesome!!! And the west coast Slap-a-Ham records; 625 records stuff....Bridge 9 stuff from Boston, when they first started, was awesome, but they became a bit mainstream as time went....

I am still Straight Edge, so I am also really into that stuff as well, new and old. Also grew up in the underground metal scene, and my dad was a jazz drummer from back inthe 60's, so jazz has been a big part of my life.

you will find some punkers on the forum. The drummer for The Varukers pops his head in every once in a while....

How long have you been playing: 4 years
Origin of user name: Good question. Just kind of popped into my head and i've used it ever sice
Your top 5 drummers: Neil Peart, John Bonham, Carl Palmer, Danny Carey, Michael Cavanagh
Make of drumkit: Frankenkit built off of a pearl roadshow
Make of cymbal: Whatever I can find. Zildjian ride, Sabian china, Paiste crashes, Wuhan splashes, etc
Where do you practice: Basement of my home
Are you in a band: No
Favourite take out food: Wings
What country do you live in: USA
One really odd fact about yourself: Nothing, i'm very boring
How did you start drumming: I noticed that the place where my step-brother took guitar lessons also offered drum lessons

How long have you been playing: 4 years
Origin of user name: Good question. Just kind of popped into my head and i've used it ever sice
Your top 5 drummers: Neil Peart, John Bonham, Carl Palmer, Danny Carey, Michael Cavanagh
Make of drumkit: Frankenkit built off of a pearl roadshow
Make of cymbal: Whatever I can find. Zildjian ride, Sabian china, Paiste crashes, Wuhan splashes, etc
Where do you practice: Basement of my home
Are you in a band: No
Favourite take out food: Wings
What country do you live in: USA
One really odd fact about yourself: Nothing, i'm very boring
How did you start drumming: I noticed that the place where my step-brother took guitar lessons also offered drum lessons

welcome fellow punk/metal rocker!! Lots to learn on this site

who are your fav bands? I agree with your list of top 5 drummers. Mr. Peart is also my #1

Favorite band is Rush (if you couldn't tell :p). I've been listening to The Police a lot recently

dude!!!! same here. Fav band is Rush as well...the Police are up there too

got to see Rush live over 100 times!! They are like a religious group for me. Signals was the first tour I saw them on. I was in 6th grade at the time

dude!!!! same here. Fav band is Rush as well...the Police are up there too

got to see Rush live over 100 times!! They are like a religious group for me. Signals was the first tour I saw them on. I was in 6th grade at the time
aw MAN. I only got into them after Neil's passing, still kicking myself for not seeing them! (I would have been like 10, but still)

aw MAN. I only got into them after Neil's passing, still kicking myself for not seeing them! (I would have been like 10, but still)

yeah, there are many groups I never got to see live b/c I go into then after their time...almost all of the jazz greats that I love I never saw live

don't beat yourself up too bad!

there will be many groups that you do get to see in time

so being a band director/drumline instructor, I have to ask...do you do band at school?

Back