I have a problem.

I'm always buying stuff and this week alone I've spent $331 and I asked my parents about chipping in cause I'm buying almost EVERYTHING on my own and they only pay for the stuff that costs like $5 such as moongell and think they're helping me out drastically.

Out of the $330 they payed for not even $30

I'm just ranting is all. :(

I get your rant...I always had to pay for my hobby stuff growing up as well you should...it will certainly help you take better care of your equipment. You should be thankful Josh that you have that $330 to throw down at your age it only gets worse as you take on family and bills! Enjoy it while you can my friend.

I get your rant...I always had to pay for my hobby stuff growing up as well you should...it will certainly help you take better care of your equipment. You should be thankful Josh that you have that $330 to throw down at your age it only gets worse as you take on family and bills! Enjoy it while you can my friend.

haha yeah I've saved up birthday/christmas money way too long!

my goal was to upgrade my hats, ride, and china, and then I would be done spending...

I'm now done, for a while.

You have the easiest job on the planet! You're a youtube partner that get's payed $2.50 for every 1k views. You're probably making more than minimum wage...

No, that's totally not how it works. I thought it was like that, but you only get money from ad revenue. So, when people click on my ads, I get money. Now, I can't legally tell you do that, it would be fraud, so I won't. But that's all. So far today, I've made 43 cents.

Your parents pay for your moongel!?!?

lucky duck.

I gotta pay for everything too, but im a cheapy cheapy cheapo, so i rarley buy anything for my set. But then again ive dropped thousands on it already, only thing i really need is new pedals, new hats, and a new hi hat stand. I think im going to get the hi hat stand first.

I hear ya Josh, I always say ok.. I'm done buying stuff for awhile. Then darn it a skin breaks, well I may as well replace them all, and hey look at that hhx ride on sale I NEED THAT!! next thing you know you get the bug again.. Oh well, guess we could spend it on other junk, but why not make it good drum junk huh?

Well, I guess I'm just trying to find out if your guys' parents were more helpful.

Nope. My parent's entire contribution to my music hobby was:

A. a decrepit acoustic guitar that turned up in a blind lot they bought at an estate auction. A truly vile instrument, nearly unplayable still, after years of my tweaking it, it arrived about two years after I had a semester of lessons at school, and it was then probably another year before it had a full set of strings. This was when I was 12 or so, I never actually started learning the instrument until I was 18.

B. A Peavey Backstage 110 practice amp, like $150 new, it was my HS graduation gift. I was grateful to get it, as I had a Gorilla, which was pure poo. I used the hell out of that Peavey, until finally, something broke, and it started making a very loud open ground noise. For a while, it would work if you banged on it, and then if you turned it upside-down and banged on it, but it's no good now. I never had the heart to throw it away, maybe I'll get it fixed this year, and then donate it to somebody who really needs it.

I hear ya Josh, I always say ok.. I'm done buying stuff for awhile. Then darn it a skin breaks, well I may as well replace them all, and hey look at that hhx ride on sale I NEED THAT!! next thing you know you get the bug again.. Oh well, guess we could spend it on other junk, but why not make it good drum junk huh?

Besides small things, I'm done buying gear for a while. Seriously

Hey, sorry to hijack the thread, but there's no where else to post this...could someone IM me at funnyzstudios? It has to do with a sponsorship, and I'm not sure if I can post it on this forum.

Hey, sorry to hijack the thread, but there's no where else to post this...could someone IM me at funnyzstudios? It has to do with a sponsorship, and I'm not sure if I can post it on this forum.

Make a thread. If it gets locked, it gets locked...

Back