I bought them.

$475 sounds like a nice deal. Congratulations. New beat hi-hats are like the ultimate workhorse hats. Rumored to be the best selling hi-hats of all time. Make sure to upload some pics when they ship.

$475 sounds like a nice deal. Congratulations. New beat hi-hats are like the ultimate workhorse hats. Rumored to be the best selling hi-hats of all time. Make sure to upload some pics when they ship.

Uh, of course! And I'll have pictures of the UPS truck, the box sitting on my porch, etc...

Just out of curiosity, are the crashes any good?

Just out of curiosity, are the crashes any good?

No, they sound like tin cans... you should really send them to me. They're so bad, you should pay me for taking them.

But seriously, with how long the A's have been around, they kind of have to sound good.

No, they sound like tin cans... you should really send them to me. They're so bad, you should pay me for taking them.

But seriously, with how long the A's have been around, they kind of have to sound good.

OK, fine. Take em.

SIKE

Congrats on your deal.
I have all A's for my kit. 15" NB's, 17" med/thin, 19" thin and a 21" Sweet ride. They all sound great. Good find.

Awesome! I'm glad the crashes will be good. I just received an email from the seller saying he packed them up last night and will ship them today! =)

CONGRATS ON THE SWEEEEET CYMBALS MATE!! *hi5* lol.
I dont own any A's, but i've tested em, they were the best zildjian had to offer to my ears :)

Congratulations.

I am a big fan of Zildjian As.

You will like that ride. It's very versatile and crashes pretty well too.

Have fun with those.

The best part? After 20, 30, 40 years, they'll sound even better! I can tell you that because I have 20+ year old New Beat hats and Medium Ride, 25+ year old 18" Medium Crash, and a 35+ year old 17" Medium Crash!

That 17 is usually my favorite crash of everything I own. Just the perfect example of what "crash" should sound like.

That said, they will sound far different than what you're used to. My band's drummer got a kit a few years ago outfitted with newer Zil As... and I hated the sound. Hated, that is, until we got out and started gigging with them.

Great, versatile cymbals, and they only get better with age. Just don't EVER EVER EVER polish 'em!

I'm so glad to see you have a saga that has a happy ending. I know you've had some hiccups along the way with some other deals (ddrum swap anyone?), but this is the very essence of "art of the deal." You had a budget for some new hats, swallowed the "new" pride, and scored an complete set of used, but, incredible cymbals for just about your budget. And to top it off, you got rid of that Pearl albatross and now have pared down to your original 805 with some Zildjian A's. Your patience has paid off immensely. Good work.

Back