How to keep mute pads in place?

itm

I use mute pads alot of the time for practising, but I can't find a good way of getting them to stay on the snare and toms. After a few minutes the pads always slip out of place.
I've tried using the handles of bulldog clips, attached to the rim, but they don't really work.
Has anyone got any good ideas for keeping them in place?

Have you tried double sided tape? If you are already muting the drums, the tape won't really matter as far as the effect of it on the head.

Gotcha. What about that ticky-tack stuff teachers use to hang students art on the walls with? It doesn't leave a residue. My kid hangs stuff up with it all the time and it doesn't damage the paint. Don't know how well it would stick to mylar, but it is cheap and holds really well.

Its strange a bulldog clip would not work and still move.
How tilted are your snare and toms? A floor tom is usually flat, a snare is usually nearly flat.

Gotcha. What about that ticky-tack stuff teachers use to hang students art on the walls with? It doesn't leave a residue. My kid hangs stuff up with it all the time and it doesn't damage the paint. Don't know how well it would stick to mylar, but it is cheap and holds really well.

Do you mean blu-tack? (a bit like plasticine?). Interesting idea - I'll give it a try.

My snare is at a slight angle (maybe 10-15 degrees). The toms mounted on the bass drum much more so - maybe 75 degrees.

Back