how much are used tama brass snares going for?

Really V? You're no gear noob, you can guess the price of used gear. I'd say 2 bills is the highest I'd pay. $150 is where I'd be happy.

Go to Ebay, search "Tama bronze" and search "Sold listings". It looks like 2 bills is about the going price.

As we tell the kids that tend to create these kinds of threads, if you like the sound then it is worth whatever you're willing to spend.

Re: how much are used tama bronze snares going for?

Really V? You're no gear noob, you can guess the price of used gear. I'd say 2 bills is the highest I'd pay. $150 is where I'd be happy.

Go to Ebay, search "Tama bronze" and search "Sold listings". It looks like 2 bills is about the going price.

As we tell the kids that tend to create these kinds of threads, if you like the sound then it is worth whatever you're willing to spend.

Yea brotha, wasnt sure... I was thinking 2 bills max, just wanted to confirm with you guys first.

I definitely wanna get a metal snare in the 6x14 size. Ive always felt good playing tama snares. Steel, brass, birch and maple... bronze would be a first!

Well I've seen them I guess a little cheaper from other standards brass snares. I'd check ebay and see what comes up. Recently I've been on ebay searching for some more snare drums to add to my collection and to have some back-up snares for LIVE shows. If you're looking for an exact number, I would range it anywhere between, $50-$200. That's just from what I've seen on ebay...

its not this exact one but it this model.

i864200795700122.jpg

Maybe the confusion stems from thinking about the Tama bell brass snare? Those things are stupid heavy and muy expensive. You have to upgrade your snare stand if you get into one of those. But I look at whatever the Ludwig Black Beauty is selling for, somebody else's brass snare will be considerably less.

Yea brotha, wasnt sure... I was thinking 2 bills max, just wanted to confirm with you guys first.

I definitely wanna get a metal snare in the 6x14 size. Ive always felt good playing tama snares. Steel, brass, birch and maple... bronze would be a first!

Not many 6x14 snares out there,6.5 x 14 yes,but 6".....not many.Consider a vintage Slingerland Sound King.They were made in 5 or 6.5 x 14 ,and hover around that 200 dollar mark,and are made well and sound great.The shells are chrome over brass in 8 and 10 lugs.Slingerland Spitfires were made in brass also

Consider used Ludwig 300 series snares in brass or bronze also.They are imported and have welded seems,but are also a bargian.

Those Tama artstars are great drums,and were made in brass,bronze and copper

Pearl sensitone and Jupiter snares were also made in brass.They also sell for under 200.If its an older Jupiter model.it must have a 3 line shell to be brass.

Steve B

Last edited:
Maybe the confusion stems from thinking about the Tama bell brass snare? Those things are stupid heavy and muy expensive. You have to upgrade your snare stand if you get into one of those. But I look at whatever the Ludwig Black Beauty is selling for, somebody else's brass snare will be considerably less.

Yes I known what you mean. Ive played other brass model made by tama and it was heavy.

I own a roadpro stand...ill see how that manages.

Not many 6x14 snares out there,6.5 x 14 yes,but 6".....not many.Consider a vintage Slingerland Sound King.They were made in 5 or 6.5 x 14 ,and hover around that 200 dollar mark,and are made well and sound great.The shells are chrome over brass in 8 and 10 lugs.Slingerland Spitfires were made in brass also

Consider used Ludwig 300 series snares in brass or bronze a.so.They are imported and have welded seems,but are also a bargian.

Those Tama artstars are great drums,and were made in brass,bronze and copper

Pearl sensitone and Jupiter snares were also made in brass.They also sell for under 200.If its an older Jupiter model.it must have a 3 line shell to be brass.

Steve B

Thanks!

Always played but never owned. Stuff back in the day was to expensive, still is but the main difference now is a have a full time job and can afford them now

It sure seems as though you not going to get any Tama BB snares for less than $1000 US, at least not from evilBay.

I've never seen a Bell Brass in person to hear one either. The "mystique" of them is definitely out there though.

It sure seems as though you not going to get any Tama BB snares for less than $1000 US, at least not from evilBay.

I've never seen a Bell Brass in person to hear one either. The "mystique" of them is definitely out there though.

Those tama bell brass snare are quite expensive

Back