Help with insane time signature?

It's 4 measures of 3/4 and a measure of 5/4, but the drums are displacing the snare drum hits.

Okay, old man digression warning.

Ya know, you can take the Ted Reed syncopation book, chop off a beat here and there, play it really fast with double bass drum accents throughout and scream some crap and you'll have what in this genre is called a "song." To me, it isn't music. It's just a riff that sounds like an exercise.

Now I've heard PT before and liked some of their stuff but they've seen to go the way of the "growing" death metal stuff.

Hi guys
recently I decided to conquer this beast of a song, and I had written the beat out and figured it out, but didnt know how to count it (i just had it in 16th notes, like guitar tab, kind of)
then i googled, and this thread came up, and I have to say I really wish I could have thought of the 5s and 3s beforehand -_-
So, if anyone still cares, here is the intro written in "drum tab"

The first one, (gojira in measures) shows how I broke it down (46/16+5/16)
The second one (gojira in measures with counting) shows how I broke it down with: Luke's method (5s and 3s), and the 4/4.
The third one is a "how to" for anyone that might need a bit of assistance reading my crazy work :).

I used notepad to keep everything lined up, keep it there and you're golden :). Every "space" over is one sixteenth count, so if you go over 4 columns, you've moved a beat ahead
If you need any help reading just ask, I'm happy to help
Once more, this is how I count it, 2 measures (46/16+5/16). If you dont like it feel free to change my version to fit your academic needs :).

Attachments

• gojira in measures.txt
    652 bytes · Views: 128
  • gojira in measures with counting.txt
    1.2 KB · Views: 129
  • how to use.txt
    289 bytes · Views: 92
Back