hands are numb after long session

Lots of great information here and in other threads - I know because I was researching for myself a few months back.
My story is similar - 50+ years old with all the usual injuries, etc. My acute event happened a few years ago - snow blowing for WAY too long without a break. (Too stubborn DUMB to take a break in a particularly bad storm...) I started experiencing numbness in my right hand fingers after that.

So all of the information and tips here are fantastic. One thing I read in another thread that really helped me was use of a night splint. Just use it at night to give your wrist and hand some time to recover. I didn't do it right away, but I kept it in mind. I woke up one night and realized I had my wrists bent in toward my body and it was uncomfortable. I've probably done that forever, but never really paid attention to it. I then ordered a couple of night splints - I figured my left wrist could benefit as well. It did take a couple of nights to get used to it, but now it's a part of my routine - not sure I could sleep too well without them. It's not an overnight fix (no pun intended), but the benefits are real. I'm very greatful for finding the info on this forum.

This is the one that I use:
https://www.futuro-usa.com/3M/en_US...-Support/?N=4318+3294508029+3294529207&rt=rud

A lot guys here may not have experienced the gas crisis in the 70s that often required 1-2 hours in line to get gas. A pre-internet pro tip back then was to "drive like there's an egg between your foot and the accelerator." That's a good way to visualize what you need to do with your grip to create a shock absorber.

I still drive like that...and avg 21mpg in the city with my Tacoma...

I'd like to know more about the 12 hr sessions. I know if I play the same song over and over, during a period lasting several hours, I can get stiffness in my gripping muscles. It would also help if the OP could post a video of his hands while playing in order to determine what technique he or she is using.

Back