FU stroke!!!!!

Andy

Honorary Member
I know I'm stretching the sub forum rules a little here, but wanted to post my joy at passing a milestone. It's nearly 6 months after my stroke, & I'm finally to the point of not having to think about my stroke induced playing negatives. In other words, my rewiring is as complete as I could have hoped for, so it's goodbye stroke phase, welcome back "Andy the drummer".

I can now thump with enthusiasm without hitting a tiredness wall & screwing up too badly https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEA1M1Lsx4Y&feature=youtu.be

I know I'm stretching the sub forum rules a little here, but wanted to post my joy at passing a milestone. It's nearly 6 months after my stroke, & I'm finally to the point of not having to think about my stroke induced playing negatives. In other words, my rewiring is as complete as I could have hoped for, so it's goodbye stroke phase, welcome back "Andy the drummer".

I can now thump with enthusiasm without hitting a tiredness wall & screwing up too badly https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEA1M1Lsx4Y&feature=youtu.be
That’s awesome news Andy!
My girlfriends mum had a stroke 2 weeks back and her left side is really weak.
I’ll use you as an example to get her going on her recovery exercises.

Good news indeed Andy!

Awesome to hear that the only strokes you’re worried about now are the ones bouncing off of those Evan’s drumheads. Happy Christmas!

SUPER, that's wonderful news. You probably rewired things faster than normal because you are a drummer.
It's also great news for us old guys who wonder how long we can keep playing drums.

Andy, hearing you say this is the best Christmas gift there is.

Way to go brother, you are very loved.

I contend that the drumming went a LONG way to get you to this point.

Nothing lights up the brain like drumming.

Nothing lights up Drummerworld like you man.

Super to hear that. Congrats and Merry Christmas.​

Fantastic news Andy! And I'm totally not surprised. You get s@#t done.

I've been thinking of and appreciating you lately; new band where I'm finally able to gig my segmented walnut snare drum! So rich and absolutely blissful to play and hear. Just one of the many contributions you've made to people's lives.

That’s excellent news Andy!
As some famous musicians once said:

Attachments

• D6A94AEA-16F8-403C-8E07-7C4512CA5C97.jpeg
    D6A94AEA-16F8-403C-8E07-7C4512CA5C97.jpeg
    407.7 KB · Views: 518
What great news!!! Keep it up.

Andy, we haven't met yet, but I'm surely glad you're doing better.

Andy, you're a friggin' MACHINE!

And blowing the doors off of Rebel Yell, too! That had serious authority and punch.

Given how driven you are Andy, I can't say I'm surprised!

....I'm betting you parlay this effort burst into new plateaus for your playing!

Back