Finally i have the drum gear for which many people fought for

Hey my friend i love the cymbal bag, than you very much .I wish i could post some vids , here where i work is the only way to have access to Internet and the politics of Internet here doesn't allow you to upload large files like vids.Be shure if i can i will do it immediately.
Hey Leo, why not post your audio recording on this thread. Lots of guys reading this thread won't have heard your stuff.

Thanks for the kudos love bombs guys, really, but there's more than me involved in this. Guys who donated, Jer who ran around getting the stuff & receiving payments, etc. The point is, each contributed what they could, when they could & they got involved. That's the only measure here. The reason I did this is fully encompassed by the first photo at the bottom of the OP. Special? Absolutely not. A guy with many faults who occasionally gets it right, now you're getting close.

Leo's the guy to applaud here. For those of you who haven't read Leo's original post in the my gear section, I strongly suggest you do. He's done all the hard work, we just gave him a boost. Go read how he made his own pedal. Most young guys in more favourable circumstances would just sit in a corner and winge because someone won't buy them their dream pedal. A few might even go & get another job or work more hours to get that dream pedal. Leo had non of these options. Once you understand the politics and economical reality of life in Cuba for the average Joe, you'll appreciate just how tenacious & inventive Leo is.

The least this story is making me want to do is thank my parents for my drums once a day for the rest of my life. I thought I was lucky to have a set show up where I live at all, and now I feel like a complete snob compared to Leo, who made his equipment by hand.

Maybe one day he could start his own drum company, haha.

But now, I'm going to play my own drums more intensively, more dedicatedly, and more passionately, because it's the best way to be thankful for what I have.

Congrats Leo, on your new equipment.

Hey Leo, why not post your audio recording on this thread. Lots of guys reading this thread won't have heard your stuff.

I have and i have to say i'm impressed, it's some of the tightest metal drumming i've ever heard and his double bass with that home made pedal is insane not to mention the tom fills.

bump for anyone new (like me) reading the related post and wondering what happened. great story.

Back