Drumming Rock Star Clothes??

Find out where Justin Beiber Shops. But remember he is Canadian.

get some well fitted jeans, a good band shirt, maybe a jersey, a fitted cap, and stretch your ears. haha plugs (aka gauges) are the greatest thing in the world. conservative america needs to shut up.

Serious answer, as you are drumming chances are most people won't see below your waist so shoes and trousers can be whatever.

Top - decent t-shirt or shirt. If you are in a band, what are the rest of your mates wearing?

...And do what newsreaders do and stockings with suspenders on the bottom half. Or is that my imagination? I'm not sure.

Not a stupid question, "AT ALL". Believe it or not this is not an uncommon dilemma among many musicians let alone drummers. It’s true back in the 80’s (I won’t say my age) It did make “very” little difference what you were wearing, deepening if you were in a glam band/HAIR band, or just trying to make some kind of “GOD forsaken statement (Thank you Marilyn Manson.) This worked for some bands but not all. All the eye liner, tight jeans and hair gel in the world will not make you a better musician, or get you a record deal, only practice; hard work, determination and persistence will do this. As a drummer myself, I have always “Fantasized” about wearing this, that or the other thing, but the bottom line, it was not practical. Someone mentioned in this thread wear what your comfortable playing in, very true and cannot be overemphasized, especially for a drummer. For myself now, “Even” at my age, I wear a pair of comfortable jeans, whatever T I find, usually the Ramones or Aerosmith lol, sometimes a leather vest. I also wear cloth wristbands and something on my head, with my head shaved I sweat more, it's not a fashion statement it's a please get this crap out of my eyes statement, again "practical ". Hey if you feel comfortable wearing a G-String go for it, not sure I would recommend this, but to each their own. My biggest problem has been trying to find what damn shoes to wear, I have been through wrestling shoes on down, but finally found that dancing shoes work best for me, do they look great? NO! But they work. “For me that is”. Good luck

As far as shoes, I used to use dance shoes, soft leather jazz shoes... now I use Shawn White skate shoes EXCLUSIVELY! Try them.. If you really want a "drummers" shoe, musicians friend sells one and then there is Uran Boards, they make Dennis Chambers as well as Neil Pearts. Rock Star clothes? I dont know why this would even be a topic when you can google any rockstar you want and see what they wear.. BUT! How about trying to be yourself. Find out who you are, and be that drummer. ~ Jai Es that's what is involved with my students, and much more.

just avoid looking like this .....​

Attachments

• 80's rockstar.jpg
    80's rockstar.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 10,267
I always gig in a suit haha. It is disturbingly uncomfortable to play in but the look fits perfectly in to the music my band plays (indie/rock/blues). Suit, tie and possibly a pair of dark sunglasses are the way to go lol!

Peace

My biggest problem has been trying to find what damn shoes to wear, I have been through wrestling shoes on down, but finally found that dancing shoes work best for me, do they look great? NO! But they work.

I think Converse are pretty comfortable to play in. Looks ok too.

Forget the clothes...it's all about the make up!

Attachments

• BrianViglionePA090811.jpg
    BrianViglionePA090811.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 5,663
I play in a hockey jersey [as do the others of the band], and in my boxers, usually, although recently I've been wearing a great pair of swim trunks. A well-worn pair of Chucks as well.
I like being cool and comfortable when I play.

When I play a strictly "rock" venue, I wear a black leather vest so I can leave both of my chest hairs stick out.

Dennis

Whatever you do, make sure your entire band is on the same page. Not that you have to wear uniforms or anything, but if you all dress in totally different styles, you're gonna look like the second coming of the village people.

Attachments

• Village People.jpg
    Village People.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 5,173
Back