Drummer stand

resohead

Silver Member
Since I haven't even had my first reading lesson I think I'm getting ahead of myself. I guess I will need a regular music stand to get started but does anyone use this stand? With my eyes it seems to make sense for practice at least. Input?

Attachments

• drummer stand.jpg
    drummer stand.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 1,305
Drummers don't need music stands! Who ever heard of such a thing?

Looks like it would work good in the practice room. Leave it at home for the gigs though lol.

I'd stick with the regular type next to the hi hat stand. Try telling the guys making a living on Broadway every night they don't need a music stand. Hahahahaha!!!!

I'd stick with the regular type next to the hi hat stand. Try telling the guys making a living on Broadway every night they don't need a music stand. Hahahahaha!!!!

I'm not trying to tell anyone that they don't need a music stand.

I think its perfect. During gigs tilt it back so you can be seen and put your cigs. and beer on it next to your ashtray.

for me i think it would get in the way of my ride cymbal. i just use a normal one and put it on the left of the hi hat

I think I did a google image search on music stands.

For me I think it would be difficult turning a page while playing with a stand that mounted as such.

for me i think it would get in the way of my ride cymbal. i just use a normal one and put it on the left of the hi hat

I have to disagree with you, from an ergonomic point of view, to have your stand on your left behind or on the side of your hi-hat will create the effect of you having to turn your head sideway to read the music or exercise you're playing, if you're practicing specific patterns for say, 2 hours at the kit, it's not good for your neck and spine, the best position for the stand is in front of you, like on resohead's picture, so you're in a relax position to play, this is even more important as you're getting older, and resohead is not in his 20's anymore, so I would advise to go ahead with this stand, it looks fine to me. :)

Could that be mounted on a cymbal stand so it sat between the hats and rack tom? I dont see one pictured but I am sure you will eventually have a crash up there...

That stand that is in the pic would be perfect for practice.
A friend of mine mounts his iPad on his hat stand with a contraption that he made.
He scans all of his music and set lists into his iPad.
I have also seen an iPad mounted on the top of a bass drum like a cowbell.
Max Weinberg has a mount like that on his kit.

Just wondering where you found that. It looks like a regular Manhasset stand that has been modified for drumset.

I would go with something sturdy like a Manhasset. I pile a ton of books on mine. Thinner stands will only hold one book at a time.

Jeff

It is a new product from Manhasset, in fact: http://www.drummagazine.com/gear/po...ic-in-sight-with-the-manhasset-drummer-stand/

There's also a 32" version (4 pages) that would certainly be useful on some gigs I do.

Back